Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

Canon 4051 with major issues (Tech paradise)

I have a Canon 4051 with major issues. Most of the time the copier will give you blank copies, even though the CCD scans the image and when it tries to pull from tray 1 the copier says "preparing to feed" and "printing" but only switches between those two messages while the paper feed unit makes a noise as if it were just initializing, attempting to pull a little, then initializing again but if I select tray 3 to pull my paper from it works with no issue at all. The RCON was just recently replaced but the error still occurs.

Update: Today I went to customer's location to check on copier and it printed my copies fine from tray 3 but once the message " an object other than the selected paper may be inside the side paper deck. Remove the object to prevent damage to the device" appeared, I decided to perform a DCON and RCON back up, clear, and restore. I turned the copier off and on and when it came to ready and I made a copy it was completely blank. I'm leaning towards DCON for the paper deck message but does anyone have any ideas about the blank image and the feed issue from tray 1?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Canon 4051 with major issues (Tech paradise)

Re: Canon 4051 with major issues (Tech paradise)

you checked the paper sensors by pulling out the 1 tray or changing the paper size. Also upgrade the firmware.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts roho's Avatar

Re: Canon 4051 with major issues (Tech paradise)

Check the developer for a freely rotating drive gear. The gear becomes disengaged with the dev cylinder and while the gear turns the dev does not. That could be the reason for blank prints. I also had one 4051 with a obvious image formation problem and had to change the main controller.