Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Iradv c5051 jam code 0010

Has anyone had a problem with the one pass document feeder crumpling a corner on a page which causes constant

jams? The document feed height seems to be set okay. The hard part is seeing where the corners are stubbing their

club. Have worked on a lot of these machines but never had a problem like this.

The jam code is not helpful because it just tells me what sensor the paper is

stuck at.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: Iradv c5051 jam code 0010

Quote Originally Posted by RHodg57 View Post
    Has anyone had a problem with the one pass document feeder crumpling a corner on a page which causes constant

jams? The document feed height seems to be set okay. The hard part is seeing where the corners are stubbing their

stuck at.
    Well, my suggestion is you start by forcing a stop (maybe opening the front door immediately half of the paper gets in). Do the same when the paper is fully fed into the machine, when it gets to the image development area and just about when it enters the fuser unit etc.
    My expectations are any of a foreign object (such as a torn piece of paper or anything like that) in the paper path, a disengaged part, or at worst it can be a raised or sunken dent on a surface in the path.
    I hope you get round it buddy!

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

The problem is in the document feeder not the copier. I am going to recheck alignment and the height adjustment.

it was the height adjustment. RTFM on this one. Had not ever had to mess with that adjustment on this model.
    Last edited by RHodg57; 02-10-2020 at 02:35 PM.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts tinnyjay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RHodg57 View Post

stuck at.
    You have a small paper stucked there. Remove all plastics one by one and you will find it. Or could be a small plastic deviance somewhere.
    "Who loves the roses,must also bear thumbs"