Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Yellow on Entire Background IRADV 5030

Hello,
    There were issues with both the copies and the prints of Canon IR ADV 5030. I changed all drums and replaced the Yellow toner. The copy is Ok, but the problem is the yellow appears at the background of the copy, just like the attached image. The cleaning blade works fine, I replaced with genuine toner.
    I would be very grateful if someone helps me out. Looking up to your kind suggestions.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Re: Yellow on Entire Background IRADV 5030

when you say you replaced the toner, do you mean the yellow dev assy?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MunsterTech View Post
    when you say you replaced the toner, do you mean the yellow dev assy?
    No the toner tube (cylinder) only. Everything was working until I replaced the toner. I understand I have to make an adjustment in the service mode. But I don't know where exactly after spending time going through the manual. Thanks for the response.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Did you replace the whole drum assembly or cylinder only? have had many, yellow, magenta, cyan background, we just clean the machine, removing developer/drums/ and blow out cradle, had taken care of problem 100% of the time. You could have a short in that color, be it, drum connection, developer ground, a piece of hair could cause a copy quality issue. Good luck.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tech28 View Post
    Did you replace the whole drum assembly or cylinder only? have had many, yellow, magenta, cyan background, we just clean the machine, removing developer/drums/ and blow out cradle, had taken care of problem 100% of the time. You could have a short in that color, be it, drum connection, developer ground, a piece of hair could cause a copy quality issue. Good luck.
    I think I will need to return with different sets of working drum units and dev assy. I earlier removed the developer/drum assembly, took out and cleaned the two laser units and blew the internal parts. I assume I must do it over again to be very sure.
    But one issue is that, the owner complained of having the immediate past yellow toner vanishing too early than it was supposed to. But by this your suggestion, I want to exhaust all avenues with the cleaning and replacements before I touch anything else. I'm so grateful buddy!