Can't use USB for printing. Memory Media Folder/Option is missing in Canon IR 5051.

Hello everyone.
    This is my first post and i need your help.
    I just got my hands on used Canon IR 5051. All works fine but i cannot utilize USB port for printing files on this machine.
    I don't know what was setting on this machine before, but I am missing Memory Media Option in my " Access Stored Files" folder.
    I tried to activate USB option through the Settings/Registration- Preference- External Interface sequence, but it doesn't give me the access to USB at all. It is not there at all.
    The plugged in USB flash is registering the USB by Canon, you can see it by green up arrow on a bottom of screen. Also you can eject USB from the system, it does it well.
    But i cannot access this port and media for printing
    Please see the pictures in the attachment.
    What should I do? Please help me to figure it out.

Also is it possible to network that machine to computer?
    I have windows 10 and I am not sure I can connect it direct to my PC/Laptop ( since this machine is an older version and there might be issues of drivers for new OS )
    Thank you in advance! Looking forward to you expertise.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Can't use USB for printing. Memory Media Folder/Option is missing in Canon IR 505

Try this...

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Can't use USB for printing. Memory Media Folder/Option is missing in Canon IR 5051.

Re: Can't use USB for printing. Memory Media Folder/Option is missing in Canon IR 505

Quote Originally Posted by xenia777 View Post
    Hello everyone.
    This is my first post and i need your help.
    I just got my hands on used Canon IR 5051. All works fine but i cannot utilize USB port for printing files on this machine.
    I don't know what was setting on this machine before, but I am missing Memory Media Option in my " Access Stored Files" folder.
    I tried to activate USB option through the Settings/Registration- Preference- External Interface sequence, but it doesn't give me the access to USB at all. It is not there at all.
    The plugged in USB flash is registering the USB by Canon, you can see it by green up arrow on a bottom of screen. Also you can eject USB from the system, it does it well.
    But i cannot access this port and media for printing
    Please see the pictures in the attachment.
    What should I do? Please help me to figure it out.

Also is it possible to network that machine to computer?
    I have windows 10 and I am not sure I can connect it direct to my PC/Laptop ( since this machine is an older version and there might be issues of drivers for new OS )
    Thank you in advance! Looking forward to you expertise.

See link
    Connecting The Machine To A Computer Or Network; Connecting To A Network - Canon ImageRUNNER ADVANCE C5051 Getting Started [Page 63]

Connecting To A Usb Interface - Canon ImageRUNNER ADVANCE C5051 Getting Started [Page 64]

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...=1581372454668
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Cool Re: Can't use USB for printing. Memory Media Folder/Option is missing in Canon IR 505

Quote Originally Posted by Copylady72 View Post
    Try this...

THANK YOU! IT WORKED! I am so excited. Thank you so much!

Quote Originally Posted by xenia777 View Post
    THANK YOU! IT WORKED! I am so excited. Thank you so much!
    You are welcome.
    Keep in mind that direct print from a USB device only supports pdf's and jpeg's.

You are welcome.
    Keep in mind that direct print from a USB device only supports pdf's and jpeg's.

Got it.
    Thank you again!

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Keep in mind also, that direct pdf print from a USB device you need PS or direct print kit H1 (PDF and XPS)

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Memory Media is storage that can be used by attaching USB memory to the USB port of the machine. You can scan the document with this machine and store it in memory media (in PDF, JPEG, or TIFF file format), and also print the file stored in the memory media on this machine at any time with your desired print setting.
    To print a PDF file from this machine, the PS Printer Kit or Direct Print Kit (for PDF/XPS) is necessary.
    If the USB Device Port-B1 and Multimedia Reader/Writer-A1 are installed, you can use the SD card, Memory Stick, CF card, and Microdrive.

To enable these modes and functions, you must register the license key with the machine.

• UFR II Printer

UFR II printing is standard with the imageRUNNER ADVANCE C5051/C5045/C5035/C5030.

Machine Model Required Option Kit
    imageRUNNER ADVANCE C5051/C5045/C5035/C5030 (UFR II Printer Kit is Standard.)

• PCL Printer

For PCL printing, the PCL Printer Kit must be installed.

imageRUNNER ADVANCE C5051/C5045/C5035/C5030 PCL Printer Kit

• PS Printer

For PS printing, the PS Printer Kit must be installed.

imageRUNNER ADVANCE C5051/C5045/C5035/C5030 PS Printer Kit

• PDF Direct Print Printer

For PDF Direct printing, the Direct Print Kit (for PDF/XPS) must be installed.

imageRUNNER ADVANCE C5051/C5045/C5035/C5030 Direct Print Kit (for PDF/XPS)

• XPS Direct Print Printer

For XPS Direct printing, the Direct Print Kit (for PDF/XPS) must be installed.

imageRUNNER ADVANCE C5051/C5045/C5035/C5030 Direct Print Kit (for PDF/XPS)

• An asterisk (*) indicates settings which are not specifiable with the printer driver or a Remote UI that can be specified from the touch panel display.

**Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Try this...

Canon irc5560 usb media port can't connect
    Attached Images Attached Images