Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Canon 2800 needs help

I have a canon 2800 that gives a stationary jam after paper leaves fusing unit but before it reaches the delivery sensor. The paper stops in the middle of the vertical transport to the delivery section. I think it may be to M5 motor but when I go into service mode the motor always operates fine. If I go into the jam history I see a common pattern of a 0114 jam code but if I am not mistaken that would refer to the PS19 delivery sensor that it never reaches. Any ideas?

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Canon 2800 needs help

Re: Canon 2800 needs help

Quote Originally Posted by Gina82 View Post
    I have a canon 2800 that gives a stationary jam after paper leaves fusing unit but before it reaches the delivery sensor. The paper stops in the middle of the vertical transport to the delivery section. I think it may be to M5 motor but when I go into service mode the motor always operates fine. If I go into the jam history I see a common pattern of a 0114 jam code but if I am not mistaken that would refer to the PS19 delivery sensor that it never reaches. Any ideas?
    Is this the Canon IR2800 mono machine?

When the grease dries out in the fuser sleeve you get fixing unit jams usual for a motor to fail.
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by copier tech View Post
    Is this the Canon IR2800 mono machine?

When the grease dries out in the fuser sleeve you get fixing unit jams usual for a motor to fail.
    Yes it is for the Canon IR2800 mono machine.The copy makes it out of the fuser successfull but when it is headed towards the exit it stops in the door every time.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

How often is does the jam occur? Every copying process or occasionally? In the meantime, don't forget to check the work of sensor flags. A weak spring on a sensor flag of previous sensor can be a culprit. Also check on clutch to see if it sticks or functions poorly. I hope you get round it.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Canon 2800 needs help

I've had to add an extra wrap to the fuser exit sensor spring. Check sensor flag operation

Do you think the fusing unit actuator is the issue even with the paper making it out of the fusing unit and the jam is a constant jam

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts roho's Avatar

Do you think the fusing unit actuator is the issue even with the paper making it out of the fusing unit and the jam is a constant jam
    Yes, very well could be as the flag is late to return to it's position as paper passes. The sensor being slow then gives the machine the impression the page is still over it, when it has moved on. The sensor arm at the fuser exit was a common problem, I cannot remember the jam code for that particular issue as I worked on these well over 15 years ago.

Canon 2800 needs help

Yes I do think they can still be the sensor flag. What is the jam code?

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts roho's Avatar

He posted it was 0114

Canon 2800 needs help

Does the machine have a finisher? Entrance sensor on that can cause that if its bad or knocked out of place