Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Canon IRA 4051

Technician

Canon IRA 4051

Gives message saying " there is an object in the paper deck, remove it to prevent damage" replaced DCON board, performed DCON backup, clear, and restoration ( back up, board replaced, DCON clear, and then restoration) but the message still appears. I also get black copies and tray one switches from preparing to feed message to wait message but never pulls from that tray.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: Canon IRA 4051

Quote Originally Posted by popup2u View Post
    Gives message saying " there is an object in the paper deck, remove it to prevent damage" replaced DCON board, performed DCON backup, clear, and restoration ( back up, board replaced, DCON clear, and then restoration) but the message still appears. I also get black copies and tray one switches from preparing to feed message to wait message but never pulls from that tray.
    Could you clarify?
    What have you done around the paper deck before replacing the board, and activating the service mode features? For instance, did you check if a foreign object (Such as a detaching pickup roller) is truly cheating on a sensor in the paper deck, causing the machine to give that info?
    What type of black copies do you get? A printed copy with dirty background or just burnt black print with no printed trace? I think a picture can do some of the explanation for you. Further on the tray one: Please quote the exact message on the control panel. Does the LED of the START key turn green? Do you hear a lifting sound from the tray 1 when you press the START key?

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Andyboachie View Post
    Could you clarify?
    What have you done around the paper deck before replacing the board, and activating the service mode features? For instance, did you check if a foreign object (Such as a detaching pickup roller) is truly cheating on a sensor in the paper deck, causing the machine to give that info?
    What type of black copies do you get? A printed copy with dirty background or just burnt black print with no printed trace? I think a picture can do some of the explanation for you. Further on the tray one: Please quote the exact message on the control panel. Does the LED of the START key turn green? Do you hear a lifting sound from the tray 1 when you press the START key?
    The copier does not have a paper deck attached and never has and it's giving me blank copies. I do hear tray 1 lift and it sounds like it keeps restarting when beginning to pull paper

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by popup2u View Post
    *^ Blank copies

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Canon IRA 4051

I would first check the signal from the phantom deck that sez there is an object or does it just give a jam indication?
    There may be a signal on the upper limit sensor test point?

I would try to watch the upper tray to see if it stops trying to lift, and then watch it as it tries to feed or what it does.
    You can trip the interlocks, if it feeds it will just stop. But you should look to make sure something turns.
    I think you may find a one way bearing in the feed system also. It may have quit working.
    Sometimes you can clean it with alcohol, dry it and apply 1 drop of light oil. Scuff the shaft where the bearing
    rides, with a file so the bearing will grip the scratches.
    Have you pulled out the feed assemble to clean the sensors and check the drive?

DR