Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    C5030 copy quality

C5030 copy quality

I have a c5030 in the field that started having faded magenta on their copies/prints. We replaced the magenta drum unit, but after about 2 weeks it started again. The tech found that the magenta drum was holding onto the toner and not laying it all on the ITB, so he swapped out the drum and developer from a C5235, it ran about 30 great copies then started again. He inspected the transfer rollers inside the ITB and they seemed fine but he went ahead and swapped the cyan and magenta to see if that changed anything but it did not. I've attached a PG10 plus some images of the drum (which we replaced twice in the beginning thinking we had a defective drum).
    Attached Files Attached Files

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: C5030 copy quality

Quote Originally Posted by repeatcopiers View Post
    I have a c5030 in the field that started having faded magenta on their copies/prints. We replaced the magenta drum unit, but after about 2 weeks it started again. The tech found that the magenta drum was holding onto the toner and not laying it all on the ITB, so he swapped out the drum and developer from a C5235, it ran about 30 great copies then started again. He inspected the transfer rollers inside the ITB and they seemed fine but he went ahead and swapped the cyan and magenta to see if that changed anything but it did not. I've attached a PG10 plus some images of the drum (which we replaced twice in the beginning thinking we had a defective drum).
    1. Stir Developer in service mode and see what you get: COPIER>FUNCTION>INSTALL>STIR (M)
    2. Replace the developer with a working one and compare

C5030 copy quality

Quote Originally Posted by Andyboachie View Post
    1. Stir Developer in service mode and see what you get: COPIER>FUNCTION>INSTALL>STIR (M)
    2. Replace the developer with a working one and compare
    Thanks, that information must have got lost in my long ramble. The customer has a C5235 in their office too, so we did take the drum and developer out of that machine and it gave the same result.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Smile Re: C5030 copy quality

hello, wear is appreciated, replace drum and cleaning blade of the magenta imaging unit

C5030 copy quality

Quote Originally Posted by wcanonw View Post
    hello, wear is appreciated, replace drum and cleaning blade of the magenta imaging unit
    We have actually replaced the entire drum unit twice.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

We have actually replaced the entire drum unit twice.
    hello change original magenta drum unit and new original magenta development unit

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

seeing your photos you are working with compatible drums, I would recommend that you buy and install the original CANON spare parts and consumables, so that you have a good print quality and durability

C5030 copy quality

Quote Originally Posted by wcanonw View Post
    seeing your photos you are working with compatible drums, I would recommend that you buy and install the original CANON spare parts and consumables, so that you have a good print quality and durability
    I agree. This is a COD customer and they buy their toners and drums online and just pay us to diagnose and install. They do buy OEM toners but these drums are compatibles. They use these in both of their copiers (C5030 and C5235) without any issues in the past so it would be a hard sell to make her spend money on OEM drums right now. The drums are making great copies on their C5235, we are only having issues with the C5030.

Copier Technician 1,000+ Posts
    C5030 copy quality

Drum and dev problems replace oem drum unit and dev unit if using cheap toner tell then to use oem on compatibles even katun can't get the magenta colour correct
    Regards Mark

FOR TRADE AND END USER SERVICE CALLS PLEASE VISIT WEB SITE FOR CONTACT DETAILS. COVERING GREATER LONDON {UK} AND ALL SURROUNDING COUNTIES.

RICOH, CANON, KYOCERA, KONICA, SHARP, HP/SAMSUNG BROTHER, LEXMARK.

https://copierservices.simdif.com

C5030 copy quality

Quote Originally Posted by mga View Post
    Drum and dev problems replace oem drum unit and dev unit if using cheap toner tell then to use oem on compatibles even katun can't get the magenta colour correct
    I am in total agreement regarding OEM parts and supplies. But since we are swapping the drum and developer unit from the C5235 to the C5030 and getting the same result (C5235 continues to have great copies and the C5030 continues to have this issue) I feel like this is coming from somewhere else.