Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

IR4570 deletes print jobs without printing them

Hi all. I am new here.
    Just a second hand machine(IR4570) from a local store, but I am failing to make it print.
    After installing drivers from canon website, the machine flashes a few seconds. Sometimes only one flash but normally 3, 4, or 5 flashes if I have just installed the drivers. The print job actually displays for a short time if I send it with system monitor>>print already selected. It then disappears and is listed in the log, with 0 pages x 0 copies. I have tried different kinds of drivers, PS UFR and PCL6. I colleague of mine, and also from here, many members say this is a drivers issue. Any help of the possible cause can be of help. Thanks in advance.

And oohh, Reading a few posts here enable be to access service mode of the machine and under copier it looks like the machine has a C-boot rom. Is it possible for the machine to actually receive print jobs but just failing to print them because of lack of the required boot rom? Someone kindly clarify.
    Thanks again.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Re: IR4570 deletes print jobs without printing them

C boot rom is only for copy. You need an N boot rom. That's why you can't print. It's only a copier until you put in an N boot rom.

What are the details I need to get exactly the boot rom I need. Any particular reliable place I can buy the bootrom from online? Does the N bootrom also enable the scan function?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jholiter View Post
    What are the details I need to get exactly the boot rom I need. Any particular reliable place I can buy the bootrom from online? Does the N bootrom also enable the scan function?
    You may find it on eBay. It will enable pull scanning which requires network scangear but does not enable universal send. I doubt the machine already has it if it had a C boot rom