Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: C5240a printing

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    C5240a printing

C5240a printing

I've searched the forum and though I've found some similar instances, not sure....I picked up one of these with low mileage and installed today, or tried to anyway. I setup on network as usual, set up drivers and such. Printing is very slow. printing a webpage takes a minute or longer. a 10 page doc can take 2-3 minutes, slowing between each page. I have tried different drivers to no avail. happening from both their PC's and Macs. I took their network out of the equation and connected my laptop directly through a 4 port switch. Still slow from my laptop. Seems like the screen lags at times, but can't pinpoint if it is or not. Thinking HDD going out? Also, does not seem to be slow on copying, only printing. Painfully slow. It gets to the printer quickly, but just says processing print job and finally prints. ideas? No fiery either. trying to cover everything. I have several of these out with no such issue. Only has 50k on meter. Thanks!

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    C5240a printing

Re: C5240a printing

Make sure you have URFll driver from Canon, the oldest one seems to work right away and quality will be right there, don't use generic windows, will be nothing but trouble. It will work, but issues printing and quality will be awful. Good Luck.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    C5240a printing

Re: C5240a printing

Quote Originally Posted by tech28 View Post
    Make sure you have URFll driver from Canon, the oldest one seems to work right away and quality will be right there, don't use generic windows, will be nothing but trouble. It will work, but issues printing and quality will be awful. Good Luck.

thanks. Yes, tried the ufrii first on Mac and windows computers. They have both. And tried the ps3 from canon. Both slow. Like minutes to print 8 pages. Seems to spoil to the copier fast. But then nothing happens for a bit. Just processing print job at machine.