Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Technician

Re: Toner on background of paper CANON IR ADV C9060PRO

Quote Originally Posted by WLIT View Post
    I would agree with you that 13% humidity is not ideal for sure. If the drums and devs are only 20% have you tried to redo DPC for drums and reinitialize devs as well as perform TDC adjustments? You should be sure the patch read sensors are clean also.
    PVCONT-Y/M/C/K is at -1000V. Is this normal? Default value should be at 20-120V.

Technician

This is what I've done for years when installing drums and devs. I'll try to recite it from memory and hopefully if I miss a step someone will correct me.
    First step is to go into service mode under Copier> Function> Install> find AINR and turn it off, or set to 0. Turn machine off. Make sure the patch read sensors are clean. They're located above the ITB assy on the right side and each of the 3 sensors will have a white shutter covering it. Careful opening the shutters as they are easy to pop out of position and they are all tied together so that when one is opened the other 2 will be open too. Center sensor is for reading density patches and fr and rr sensors are for registration patches.
    After sensors cleaned you would replace components that are worn out. In your case, with drums and devs at 20% just turn on the machine and let it go Ready. You will not hear much for warm up rotations as you disabled that earlier (AINR). Then go into service mode Copier> Function> DPC and choose each drum and execute the adjustment OK. You can also do all 4 drums for future reference if all replaced at same time. Then with new devs you would go to Copier> Function> Install> and perform Stir, Initialize and lastly TD Adjust for each new unit. With slightly used devs I would do Initialize for each dev first, then perform TD Adjust for each as a last step. After last TD Adjustment go back and set AINR to 0 again and turn off machine. Turn back on and hopefully you will notice full initial rotations and it will come Ready. Then perform Auto Gradation under Settings/Registration for both Plain and Heavy stock. And lastly, calibrate the RIP or Fiery processor if it uses one.
    Hope this helps if you try it. Not sure of your skill set with Canons so I'm just sharing how I've done it for years. I started on Canon when liquids were the new thing, Models 30,50 and 60. And remember... you can't hurt broke, right?

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by WLIT View Post
    This is what I've done for years when installing drums and devs. I'll try to recite it from memory and hopefully if I miss a step someone will correct me.
    First step is to go into service mode under Copier> Function> Install> find AINR and turn it off, or set to 0. Turn machine off. Make sure the patch read sensors are clean. They're located above the ITB assy on the right side and each of the 3 sensors will have a white shutter covering it. Careful opening the shutters as they are easy to pop out of position and they are all tied together so that when one is opened the other 2 will be open too. Center sensor is for reading density patches and fr and rr sensors are for registration patches.
    After sensors cleaned you would replace components that are worn out. In your case, with drums and devs at 20% just turn on the machine and let it go Ready. You will not hear much for warm up rotations as you disabled that earlier (AINR). Then go into service mode Copier> Function> DPC and choose each drum and execute the adjustment OK. You can also do all 4 drums for future reference if all replaced at same time. Then with new devs you would go to Copier> Function> Install> and perform Stir, Initialize and lastly TD Adjust for each new unit. With slightly used devs I would do Initialize for each dev first, then perform TD Adjust for each as a last step. After last TD Adjustment go back and set AINR to 0 again and turn off machine. Turn back on and hopefully you will notice full initial rotations and it will come Ready. Then perform Auto Gradation under Settings/Registration for both Plain and Heavy stock. And lastly, calibrate the RIP or Fiery processor if it uses one.
    Hope this helps if you try it. Not sure of your skill set with Canons so I'm just sharing how I've done it for years. I started on Canon when liquids were the new thing, Models 30,50 and 60. And remember... you can't hurt broke, right?
    Thank you for the explanation! Now I know what procedure you are talking about. I can see the reference and the steps in the service manual!
    But I have noticed today, that there were no issues with toner on paper. I printed some test pages and all looked really good. There are just some yellow toner dots (machine identification dots I guess).
    The values in the environment sensor are as follows: 25°C - 15% - 3.0g -> So temperature went up, 2% more rel. Hum. and 1.0g more abs. hum. -> I placed water near the machine. I was told by my father, that they did this back in the days a lot. They placed water under the machines, so the humidity went back to a more optimal number.

Thanks a lot guys!