Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Technician

Toner on background of paper CANON IR ADV C9060PRO

An older imagerunner C9060 pro has a lot of toner particles on the background of the paper. Corona and toner collection tray have been cleaned.
    The amount of particles increases with increased page number of the job. The first page looks good, the 10th page is full of black & magenta toner particles.
    Is it static? Or corona? Toner is genuine and new.

I am glad for any answer I can get!
    Stay healthy!

9060 error.pdf

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: Toner on background of paper CANON IR ADV C9060PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Cmp4you View Post
    An older imagerunner C9060 pro has a lot of toner particles on the background of the paper. Corona and toner collection tray have been cleaned.
    The amount of particles increases with increased page number of the job. The first page looks good, the 10th page is full of black & magenta toner particles.

Stay healthy!

9060 error.pdf
    Have you tried replacing drum units of the colors involved? They appear like leaking units. For instance the image shows that you see those droplets even if you don't have original document on platen glass.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Andyboachie View Post
    Have you tried replacing drum units of the colors involved? They appear like leaking units. For instance the image shows that you see those droplets even if you don't have original document on platen glass.
    I have not replaced the drums yet. The colors involved are magenta (worst), cyan, black. How can this happen with all drums at once? Can this be static that attracts the toner? This issue occured quite fast, from one print to another.
    How comes, that the first page looks good, but the other pages get progressively worse? Static building up?

Technician

I have checked the counters on drums and devs. All under 20%, so relatively new.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

I have not replaced the drums yet. The colors involved are magenta (worst), cyan, black. How can this happen with all drums at once? Can this be static that attracts the toner? This issue occured quite fast, from one print to another.
    How comes, that the first page looks good, but the other pages get progressively worse? Static building up?
    I think I get your point. But the other side is: how should only magenta be worst, cyan and black, and yellow OK, when the issue is a static buildup? I think the static eliminator works on all colors.
    It will be worthwhile not ruling some culprits out until you try them. Also what is your assurance of the quality of the toners?

Technician

I think I get your point. But the other side is: how should only magenta be worst, cyan and black, and yellow OK, when the issue is a static buildup? I think the static eliminator works on all colors.
    It will be worthwhile not ruling some culprits out until you try them. Also what is your assurance of the quality of the toners?
    I have tried b/w prints. First page is good, 10th page is bad. Dots on the paper are black. I checked the humidity: 18 °C ; 13% rel. Hum. ; 1.8-2g/m³ Abs. Hum. --> 13% seems really low for humidity and might be causing the static or am I wrong? I checked the log and the humidity shows 13% for the last 4-5 days (issue is known for atleast 3 days). Before it was at 20-26%.

The issue occured with a low running magenta toner and a new magenta toner I put in, before the old toner completely ran out (<5%). The toners in the machine get changed quite often due to many prints, so the toner shouldn't have been too old. We have never had problems with the toner of our genuine supplier in the last years. And now the issue should be occuring on all colors? Hm would be strange. Same for the devs and drums.

Technician

I would agree with you that 13% humidity is not ideal for sure. If the drums and devs are only 20% have you tried to redo DPC for drums and reinitialize devs as well as perform TDC adjustments? You should be sure the patch read sensors are clean also.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts onlyinnewfoundland's Avatar

Stay healthy!

9060 error.pdf
    I had this happen on a C7010VP - issue I'm almost certain is humidity. Customer had like under 7% humidity. Seemed to get better in the summer months with natural humidity but I could never really fix it. Customer didn't want to put it in a proper room like he was told. What are you gonna do.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by onlyinnewfoundland View Post
    I had this happen on a C7010VP - issue I'm almost certain is humidity. Customer had like under 7% humidity. Seemed to get better in the summer months with natural humidity but I could never really fix it. Customer didn't want to put it in a proper room like he was told. What are you gonna do.
    Oh, 7% isn't too much...the issue is, that the room where the machine is located at is really huge (hard to change hum. levels) and the machine is standing there for 10 years now. Don't really know, if the issue occured in the past.
    I will need to wait for other weather conditions, or get the levels to rise to atleast 20-25%.
    Thank you for your input and your experience!

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by WLIT View Post
    I would agree with you that 13% humidity is not ideal for sure. If the drums and devs are only 20% have you tried to redo DPC for drums and reinitialize devs as well as perform TDC adjustments? You should be sure the patch read sensors are clean also.
    Could you specify DPC for drums & tdc adjustments? Which service mode should I look up? My service manual is in another language and it is difficult to translate the terms..
    Thank you for your time!