Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Copier Technician 1,000+ Posts
    Canon c5235a new hard drive software

Re: Canon c5235a new hard drive software

You can only use genuine Canon hdd supplied but can as they have some preloaded information on them and all different on each series that's why they are £400-£500 from Canon you cannot clone them
    Regards Mark

FOR TRADE AND END USER SERVICE CALLS PLEASE VISIT WEB SITE FOR CONTACT DETAILS. COVERING GREATER LONDON {UK} AND ALL SURROUNDING COUNTIES.

RICOH, CANON, KYOCERA, KONICA, SHARP, HP/SAMSUNG BROTHER, LEXMARK.

https://copierservices.simdif.com

Senior Tech 250+ Posts alex@wocltd.com's Avatar

you can source any hdd and clone - pre x5xx model this works can say clone oe320gb to 500gb ,later models no point as hdd is matched/married to machine - however YOU can source these hdd at much lower price than from canon ,have found on 33xx/35xx hdd when fail cant be recovered(appears to be limited to on particular brand) so I have been sourcing hgst hdd ,format with sst and load f/w

Quote Originally Posted by alex@wocltd.com View Post
    you can source any hdd and clone - pre x5xx model this works can say clone oe320gb to 500gb ,later models no point as hdd is matched/married to machine - however YOU can source these hdd at much lower price than from canon ,have found on 33xx/35xx hdd when fail cant be recovered(appears to be limited to on particular brand) so I have been sourcing hgst hdd ,format with sst and load f/w
    I've just checked you are correct as long you have a working hdd to clone from. but a lot of threads are end users thinking you can just go out to it shop and buy any hard drive not knowing you need a good working one to start with. Stay safe
    Regards Mark

FOR TRADE AND END USER SERVICE CALLS PLEASE VISIT WEB SITE FOR CONTACT DETAILS. COVERING GREATER LONDON {UK} AND ALL SURROUNDING COUNTIES.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts spectraindo's Avatar

My experience is you can clone the hdd on the ira c50xx but not on the ira c52xx but you can use any similar hdd with the same capacity or higher and use sst or usb stick to format and install system software on it.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by mga View Post
    I've just checked you are correct as long you have a working hdd to clone from. but a lot of threads are end users thinking you can just go out to it shop and buy any hard drive not knowing you need a good working one to start with. Stay safe
    the hard drive is usual locked when placed into a canon machine , is there away for me to format it and use it in my pc, i place a normal one in the immage runner c5235a also and it locked it, pc cant access needs password, is there away for me to format and use again in my pc, thanks much in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by jio9000 View Post
    the hard drive is usual locked when placed into a canon machine , is there away for me to format it and use it in my pc, i place a normal one in the immage runner c5235a also and it locked it, pc cant access needs password, is there away for me to format and use again in my pc, thanks much in advance.
    If you have a irac52xx and you take a hard drive from another irac52xx it will work you can for or repair hdd from copier but don't think you can from pc
    Regards Mark

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jio9000 View Post
    Yes you can delete all the partitions then format & use in your PC.
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

CopyTech,MIKE 100+ Posts copytech,mike's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spectraindo View Post
    Unfortunately you cannot clone the hard drive on the C52xx series, it will report a bad disk.
    The only way is get a USB stick with System Software for the machine or use SST with a PC.

I agree. The old SST is obsolete. All firmware is now upgraded VIA USB flashdrive period. You can only get the Firmware from a Canon dealer. My buddy at a Canon dealer emailed me the firmware and i plased on on a flashdrive. Its still a little tricky. The actual firmawre itself must appear at the very top of the list on your flash drive. Power Up 28 and hit "download all". Works like magic.

CopyTech,MIKE 100+ Posts copytech,mike's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by copier tech View Post
    Yes you can delete all the partitions then format & use in your PC.
    You dont know what the hell your doing. This is not a Konica Minolta. Theres no internal formatt function. You must place a new HDD from Cannon and then do a firmware update VIA flash drive. Your only other option is to purchase a used Canon HDD from Ebay that was pulled from a known working machine. Canon is different. You must know what the fuck you are doing.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by copytech,mike View Post
    You dont know what the hell your doing. This is not a Konica Minolta. Theres no internal formatt function. You must place a new HDD from Cannon and then do a firmware update VIA flash drive. Your only other option is to purchase a used Canon HDD from Ebay that was pulled from a known working machine. Canon is different. You must know what the fuck you are doing.

A HDD used in a Canon copier is a standard 2.5” drive so yes you can format it & use in a PC.

Looking at all your red cards its YOU who clearly doesn’t know what they’re doing.

Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk