Latest L Printer Service Tool

Hi

can Anyone point me in the direction where I can download the latest L Printer Service Tool For MAC. I need to perform a firmware update on a IPF6100 Printer. The printer will not go into service mode and has the usual ‘close top cover’ error message and will not power down.

Many thanks

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

Re: Latest L Printer Service Tool

Found this, not all Canon firmware is restricted to techs.
    imagePROGRAF iPF6100 - Support - Download drivers, software and manuals - Canon UK
    When you think you have made a procedure idiot proof your company employs a better idiot.

Thanks skynet.

Yes, I have the firmware update tool. The issue I have is because the printer consistently states the top cover is open, and therefore offline it will not update the firmware. The same applies when I put it in firmware download mode, because the printer is offline it won’t perform the update. My understanding is the L printer service tool will allow me to bypass the error message.

Whilst the printer itself is 12 years old, it has only been used for about 6 months and then in storage. No issue with sensor etc, so it maybe a case that the eeprom memory may have become corrupt. Nearest canon printer repair is over 100 miles away.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by davidvidgen View Post
    Thanks skynet.

Yes, I have the firmware update tool. The issue I have is because the printer consistently states the top cover is open, and therefore offline it will not update the firmware. The same applies when I put it in firmware download mode, because the printer is offline it won’t perform the update. My understanding is the L printer service tool will allow me to bypass the error message.

Whilst the printer itself is 12 years old, it has only been used for about 6 months and then in storage. No issue with sensor etc, so it maybe a case that the eeprom memory may have become corrupt. Nearest canon printer repair is over 100 miles away.
    then logic would tell me to address the cover open problem.. is it getting power? does the switch test good?

so many questions so little information given

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    then logic would tell me to address the cover open problem.. is it getting power? does the switch test good?

so many questions so little information given
    Yes switch is good and power is present.

When I first powered up the printer it performed routine cleaning, but it attempted the cleaning process around 3 times. This was unsurprising given it had not been used. During this operation the call service message appeared. I powered it down, left it 2 hours and then powered up again. This is when the close top cover message began to show. Printer will not go into service mode.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

Its a problem with the top cover sensor what happens if you cheat it ?
    When you think you have made a procedure idiot proof your company employs a better idiot.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by skynet View Post
    Its a problem with the top cover sensor what happens if you cheat it ?
    Beat me to it brother.. been in the yard literally just about all day!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Doesn't the top cover have a switch and sensor system to manage its open/close status on this model?
    If so, you might be missing part of the system.
    Accidents don't just happen. They must be carelessly planned.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Did a quick search and this issue has several hits on the tech support site. Issues with the ribbon cable, power supply, main controller, carriage units and print heads. Happy troubleshooting
    Accidents don't just happen. They must be carelessly planned.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by davidvidgen View Post
    Thanks skynet.

If this printer has only been used for 6 months then in storage I imagine even if you do sort the cover open issue that will only be the start of the problems you're likely to have with it, most likely the printhead will need replacing & these are very expensive.

Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk