Independent Service Tech 100+ Posts
    Canon IR C5045 cannot print anymore

This machine has printed for yrs in this location and now does not print and it is printing using the Fiery imagepass B1. You can ping it but the RUI is also unavailable. You can get to the web browser of the Canon IRC5045 but then when you try to log into the RUI of the printer the message reads "Remote UI cannot be used" . Scanning was working. I updated/replaced the both imagepass B1 and the copier firmwares (syst software). After the firmware updates there was an error with 2 files on the C5045 firmware update. When I updated the c5045 firmware I did a update/replace by choosing #3 to execute the update from the download menu. I was going to go back and now try format, then rewrite the firmware I think it was choice #1 from the download menu. Any advice would be very helpful. Thank you in advance!

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: Canon IR C5045 cannot print anymore

I would be looking at controller 1 but try to do a MMI clear first. Just a thought

Copier Technician 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by skibum View Post
    This machine has printed for yrs in this location and now does not print and it is printing using the Fiery imagepass B1. You can ping it but the RUI is also unavailable. You can get to the web browser of the Canon IRC5045 but then when you try to log into the RUI of the printer the message reads "Remote UI cannot be used" . Scanning was working. I updated/replaced the both imagepass B1 and the copier firmwares (syst software). After the firmware updates there was an error with 2 files on the C5045 firmware update. When I updated the c5045 firmware I did a update/replace by choosing #3 to execute the update from the download menu. I was going to go back and now try format, then rewrite the firmware I think it was choice #1 from the download menu. Any advice would be very helpful. Thank you in advance!
    Is there a error on the Fiery ie not 00
    Regards Mark

FOR TRADE AND END USER SERVICE CALLS PLEASE VISIT WEB SITE FOR CONTACT DETAILS. COVERING GREATER LONDON {UK} AND ALL SURROUNDING COUNTIES.

RICOH, CANON, KYOCERA, KONICA, SHARP, HP/SAMSUNG BROTHER, LEXMARK.

https://copierservices.simdif.com

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

When you access the fiery interface from the copier control panel, do you a screen that says idle, or does it say "wait a moment"
    Accidents don't just happen. They must be carelessly planned.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by skibum View Post

Do you actually NEED the imagepass? most clients don't especially on this aging 50xx series.

Simply remove the fiery, change the CONT setting in service mode & use the internal controller. Simple.
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Field Engineer 100+ Posts fchu5959's Avatar

I agree with "Copier Tech".

This is the logical way to proceed;you should determine where the issue stems.Is it the controller or the mfp irac 5045??

So,power off both fiery and copier.Then,

1. Disconnect the Fiery cables from the machine.
    2. Set the CONT setting to "0"
    3.Power on the copier and try to print a pdf or jpeg file to the copier through RUI.

If the print is ok,it means that the irac 5045 is ok.

So you have an issue with the controller B1.From thereon,follow the controller service manuals.