Thread: Jam on adf

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Jam on adf

I am working on the can ir5065 copier when I use the platen glass machine is working okey but when I use adf as soon as I put a sheet of paper to ADF and hit start, copier shows paper jam the massage won't clear turn off and on jam is gone.
    I clean all sensors and reflective pads.

Please help.

Engineer senior 100+ Posts giogi's Avatar

Re: Jam on adf

What jam code do you get?
    "Knowledge is a source, but unfortunately ignorance is a sea."

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by giogi View Post
    What jam code do you get?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Reeves View Post
    I am working on the can ir5065 copier when I use the platen glass machine is working okey but when I use adf as soon as I put a sheet of paper to ADF and hit start, copier shows paper jam the massage won't clear turn off and on jam is gone.
    I clean all sensors and reflective pads.

Please help.
    When I go into service mode FEEDER when I go to FEED-ON press okey it's not feeding the paper the green light on adf will jst start bringing continuesly

Engineer senior 100+ Posts giogi's Avatar

Title : 0094 Jam Code
    Problem :
    The document feeder is generating a 0094 jam code that will not clear until the machine is power cycled.

A 0094 jam code can be generated by any paper path sensor in the document feeder. PI1, PI11, PI12, PCB2, PCB3 and PCB4 can cause this type of jam.

Solution :
    In this instance, a foreign object was found interfering with the flag actuator operation of PI11.

Title : Jam Code 0094
    Error :
    The DADF-S1 indicates a jam as soon as you try to use the document feeder.

Jam code 0094 shows up in the Jam history in service mode.

In service mode level 1 > Feeder > Function, SENS INIT was performed and the result was OK.

Workaround :
    In this case, it was found checking the state of the DADF-S1 optical sensors (PCB 2 - Post Separation, PCB 3 - Read and PCB 4 - Delivery/Reversal) in service mode level 1 > Copier > I/O > Feeder, that the state of PCB 4 indicated that paper was present (address P006 - bit 1 indicated a 1).

Replacing PCB 4 resolved the Document Feeder jamming issue. Part number for PCB 2 / PCB 3 / PCB 4 is FM2-1022-000.

I/O address for PCB 2 is P004 - bit 4; a 1 indicates that paper is present.

I/O address for PCB 3 is P006 - bit 4; a 1 indicates that paper is present.

Title : 0094 jam code
    Error :
    The document feeder jams with any original that is attempted to be fed through it. The jam history displays a 0094 jam code.

Workaround :
    When the machine jams in this manner and displays this jam code, check and set the following:
    Service Mode>Feeder>LA SPEED and Service Mode>Feeder>DOCST with the door label.
    Also run Service Mode>Feeder>Function>Sensor INT, for sensor initialization.
    After doing so, power cycle the machine to make sure the settings are retained in Service Mode.

Title : The DADF S1 does not feed paper and displays a 0094 jam code.
    Problem :
    When the originals are placed in the DADF-S1 document tray and the start button is pressed the originals are not fed and the machine displays a 0094 jam code.

Solution :
    In this case, the cause was the registration sensor PI 1 not being supplied the proper voltage. The 5 VDC supply on connector J411 pin 2 on the feeder controller measured less than five volts. Removing the tie wraps from the wire harness J411 corrected the jam problem.
    "Knowledge is a source, but unfortunately ignorance is a sea."