IR1435 Continuous feeding and clanking noise after changing Paper pick up shaft

Hie all

I just changed the paper feed shaft on a Canon IR1435 and the machine now makes noise at the back and paper is feeding continuously when you switch the machine on.

Please help

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Re: IR1435 Continuous feeding and clanking noise after changing Paper pick up shaft

Sounds like a solenoid not mounted properly. The solenoid should engage and allow the paper feed rollers to turn one turn and then reengage and stop the rollers from turning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: IR1435 Continuous feeding and clanking noise after changing Paper pick up shaft

Quote Originally Posted by Brian8506 View Post
    Sounds like a solenoid not mounted properly. The solenoid should engage and allow the paper feed rollers to turn one turn and then reengage and stop the rollers from turning.

Thank you
    Is there a possibility that the solenoid itself gets faulty? It had tonner ako over then I cleaned it

I’m sure it’s possible but it sounds like it’s not mounted properly and I am assuming it was not making that noise before you started working on it. Check the gear that it engages against also

I’m sure it’s possible but it sounds like it’s not mounted properly and I am assuming it was not making that noise before you started working on it. Check the gear that it engages against also

Thank you

I found the shaft broken so it's only now that I replaced it I'm beginning to get the noise and continuous feeding.
    Let me check the solenoid mounting again

That’s a good first step. If those rollers are constantly turning in feeding paper then there’s nothing stopping it from behind

That’s a good first step. If those rollers are constantly turning in feeding paper then there’s nothing stopping it from behind

Thank you very much, I stripped and cleaned the whole gear drive section, remounted the solenoid and the problem disappeared

Thank you for your help