Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Technician NM0174's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Francistown
    Posts
    30
    Rep Power
    15

    IR1435 Continuous feeding and clanking noise after changing Paper pick up shaft

    Hie all

    I just changed the paper feed shaft on a Canon IR1435 and the machine now makes noise at the back and paper is feeding continuously when you switch the machine on.

    Please help

    Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

  2. #2
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    IR1435 Continuous feeding and clanking noise after changing Paper pick up shaft

    Brian8506's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,284
    Rep Power
    48

    Re: IR1435 Continuous feeding and clanking noise after changing Paper pick up shaft

    Sounds like a solenoid not mounted properly. The solenoid should engage and allow the paper feed rollers to turn one turn and then reengage and stop the rollers from turning.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. #3
    Technician NM0174's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Francistown
    Posts
    30
    Rep Power
    15

    Re: IR1435 Continuous feeding and clanking noise after changing Paper pick up shaft

    Quote Originally Posted by Brian8506 View Post
    Sounds like a solenoid not mounted properly. The solenoid should engage and allow the paper feed rollers to turn one turn and then reengage and stop the rollers from turning.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thank you
    Is there a possibility that the solenoid itself gets faulty? It had tonner ako over then I cleaned it

    Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

  4. #4
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    IR1435 Continuous feeding and clanking noise after changing Paper pick up shaft

    Brian8506's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,284
    Rep Power
    48

    Re: IR1435 Continuous feeding and clanking noise after changing Paper pick up shaft

    Iím sure itís possible but it sounds like itís not mounted properly and I am assuming it was not making that noise before you started working on it. Check the gear that it engages against also


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. #5
    Technician NM0174's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Francistown
    Posts
    30
    Rep Power
    15

    Re: IR1435 Continuous feeding and clanking noise after changing Paper pick up shaft

    Quote Originally Posted by Brian8506 View Post
    Iím sure itís possible but it sounds like itís not mounted properly and I am assuming it was not making that noise before you started working on it. Check the gear that it engages against also


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thank you

    I found the shaft broken so it's only now that I replaced it I'm beginning to get the noise and continuous feeding.
    Let me check the solenoid mounting again

    Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

  6. #6
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    IR1435 Continuous feeding and clanking noise after changing Paper pick up shaft

    Brian8506's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,284
    Rep Power
    48

    Re: IR1435 Continuous feeding and clanking noise after changing Paper pick up shaft

    Thatís a good first step. If those rollers are constantly turning in feeding paper then thereís nothing stopping it from behind


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #7
    Technician NM0174's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Francistown
    Posts
    30
    Rep Power
    15

    Re: IR1435 Continuous feeding and clanking noise after changing Paper pick up shaft

    Quote Originally Posted by Brian8506 View Post
    Thatís a good first step. If those rollers are constantly turning in feeding paper then thereís nothing stopping it from behind


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thank you very much, I stripped and cleaned the whole gear drive section, remounted the solenoid and the problem disappeared

    Thank you for your help

    Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Get the Android App
click or scan for the Copytechnet Mobile App

-= -= -= -= -=


IDrive Remote Backup

Lunarpages Internet Solutions

Advertise on Copytechnet

Your Link Here