Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

ImagePRess C7011VP E000842-0131-05

Stuck in a "reboot to clear" loop. Google gives me nothing. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Re: ImagePRess C7011VP E000842-0131-05

Quote Originally Posted by VDP_guy View Post
    Stuck in a "reboot to clear" loop. Google gives me nothing. Any help is greatly appreciated.
    being an end user I think this is above your skill level.

what problems were you having before it kicked the code?

I haven't had formal training, but have worked with, and repaired, these types of machines for 12 years. I usually send the error to my tech, who then gauges whether or not he needs to get involved. He wasn't available today. Please don't besmirch my experience because of I'm new to the forum and the tag I had to choose.

There was a low primary web error, and another person changed it. They came to me with this error. The web looks good to me.

I just want to know what the code is. If it's web related, I'll have the person redo their work. If it's not web related, I'll put in a call.

I haven't had formal training, but have worked with, and repaired, these types of machines for 12 years. I usually send the error to my tech, who then gauges whether or not he needs to get involved. He wasn't available today. Please don't besmirch my experience because of I'm new to the forum and the tag I had to choose.

There was a low primary web error, and another person changed it. They came to me with this error. The web looks good to me.

I just want to know what the code is. If it's web related, I'll have the person redo their work. If it's not web related, I'll put in a call.
    YOUR profile says end user/ non-tech.

About VDP_guy

Real Name:Trey DamronCountry:United StatesWhere are you from (City, State):Lexington, KYTechnician Status:End-User (Non-Tech / User)Biography:short bio

Now Sir,

with 31+yrs in this industry what am I SUPPOSED to think?

along with the problem stated: " Stuck in a "reboot to clear" loop. Google gives me nothing. Any help is greatly appreciated."

IF we had known you can turn a screwdriver... had some experience with machines and wasn't a Dad stuck at home with his unit broken..or some paper pusher in an office, you would have garnered a different response from me.

do you have a manual ( suggested you go put in a request in : https://www.copytechnet.com/forums/s...nual-requests/

end users can take extra explaining and still not get it right... they get manuals and have no idea of the terminology and where to read the solution.

My apologizes if I ruffled your feathers. I suggest you go back and update your user info to include EXPERIENCE .. brands worked on. Try using newbie tech as your class.

Thank you, Phil B. I admit that none of you know my experience levels, and the tag as End User isn't quite accurate. I didn't mean to start any conflict or be aggressive. I guess I've been spoiled by the relationship I have with my tech; I don't need to explain what's happening most of the time. I simply give him a code I don't recognize and he tells me what it is. Together, we determine if I should repair my machine or let him.

I am always eager to learn, that's why I don't just put in a service call. I respect your 31 years experience, and that's why I've come to this forum.

If you will all be so kind, allow me to start over...

I'm Trey, a high-level end user with a lot of newbie tech skills. I do most of my own maintenance and repairs, but I am always willing to call in the expert tech when I know the problem is out of my pay grade. The error listed in the title is a new one to me that occurred after the primary cleaning web was replaced. I now know the web was not seating correctly and I have found missing teeth on the large gear which the lamp runs through.

Thank you, Phil B. I admit that none of you know my experience levels, and the tag as End User isn't quite accurate. I didn't mean to start any conflict or be aggressive. I guess I've been spoiled by the relationship I have with my tech; I don't need to explain what's happening most of the time. I simply give him a code I don't recognize and he tells me what it is. Together, we determine if I should repair my machine or let him.

I am always eager to learn, that's why I don't just put in a service call. I respect your 31 years experience, and that's why I've come to this forum.

If you will all be so kind, allow me to start over...

I'm Trey, a high-level end user with a lot of newbie tech skills. I do most of my own maintenance and repairs, but I am always willing to call in the expert tech when I know the problem is out of my pay grade. The error listed in the title is a new one to me that occurred after the primary cleaning web was replaced. I now know the web was not seating correctly and I have found missing teeth on the large gear which the lamp runs through.

OK so the main fuser gear is shot.. that can cause lotsa issues.. so can the web.. has the web been reset after replacement? it could have caused the damage to the fusing gear if the brackets came in contact with the gear.

can you pull up the life counter page? that will tell you if the web was reset .