Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: C5240 problem

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    C5240 problem

C5240 problem

Customer has noticed some residue on their bulletins (church). It’s mainly on the back of the page. Single sided even. Genuine toner. They did say they have ran some card stock without changing the settings to match (heavy). There is matter in the fuser. Like I used to see on some old machines. Pressure roller has gunk on it. Could it be from running the card stock on plain setting? She ran the stock Thursday. Friday her regular paper bulletins (plain paper/ pre printed very bold on one side) were pretty crappy. The black on some images was almost peeled looking. Or maybe her ore printed bulletins are coming off? Maybe I should change a setting for those? Attached a pic of fuser.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    C5240 problem

Re: C5240 problem

Quote Originally Posted by copicatt View Post
    Customer has noticed some residue on their bulletins (church). It’s mainly on the back of the page. Single sided even. Genuine toner. They did say they have ran some card stock without changing the settings to match (heavy). There is matter in the fuser. Like I used to see on some old machines. Pressure roller has gunk on it. Could it be from running the card stock on plain setting? She ran the stock Thursday. Friday her regular paper bulletins (plain paper/ pre printed very bold on one side) were pretty crappy. The black on some images was almost peeled looking. Or maybe her ore printed bulletins are coming off? Maybe I should change a setting for those? Attached a pic of fuser.
    the diff in stock weight is definitely the issue. have her change the settings all should be good after a short run