certified scrub 500+ Posts
    ir adv c7055 cmy hopper removal...

ir adv c7055 cmy hopper removal...

How much time should I budget this job for? seems to be gutting most things from the machine to get to this...cyan hopper.
    Idling colour developers are not healthy developers.

Technical/IT Support 500+ Posts Venom's Avatar

Re: ir adv c7055 cmy hopper removal...

First time took me 3 hours, now takes 2 hours....give yourself 4 hours and follow service manual. FYI, if you are just replacing the one-way gear that cracks, make sure to do all 3 while you have it apart.
    IBM, Mita, Konica Minolta, Ricoh, Kyocera, HyPAS, Canon, Oce, Samsung, HP, TEO IP PBX/Unified Communications, Comptia Network+ Comptia PDI+ Certifications

Technician

Re: ir adv c7055 cmy hopper removal...

Quote Originally Posted by Venom View Post
    First time took me 3 hours, now takes 2 hours....give yourself 4 hours and follow service manual. FYI, if you are just replacing the one-way gear that cracks, make sure to do all 3 while you have it apart.
    I agree with the timeline if you follow the book step by step and remove everything it tells you. Make sure you have plenty of room to spread out all the removed items. The annoying part is the black dev release cam, pay attention as you remove it as it has to go back in a certain orientation.

If you didn't know, there are 2 different assemblies depending on serial number series as there was a modification part way through the line. If you change just the split gears as mentioned before then it does not matter.

Hope I don't ever have to do the 7000 hopper again.