Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Canon iR 3080 E025-0000

When I looked this up in the Service Manual: E025 - Error in the toner motor, 0000 - Indicates an error of Y developing assembly toner supply. I went into service mode to PART-CHK the Y toner motor and it said OK. I guess there is a toner feed level sensor than can get dirty. Can someone tell me where they are located, maybe with a pic so I know what I'm looking for? Are there other issues that could be causing this error? It all started right after I changed the CYAN Toner Cartridge. I can still print in B & W. Any info/suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!! Desperate!!

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Canon iR 3080 E025-0000

Re: Canon iR 3080 E025-0000

The sensors are in the grey section underneath the toners what happens is toner falls through gaps and ends up blocking the sensors.
    Its can be a very dirty job

Canon IRC3080 3380 E025 - YouTube
    When you think you have made a procedure idiot proof your company employs a better idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by skynet View Post
    The sensors are in the grey section underneath the toners what happens is toner falls through gaps and ends up blocking the sensors.
    Its can be a very dirty job

Canon IRC3080 3380 E025 - YouTube

Thanks for the link to the video! I took that outer panel below the toner cartridges off but really didn't know where those sensors were located. I just shot compressed air in there which I guess is a no-no (vacuuming is better I was reading). It shows in the video that you need to release the "light brown" PCB in front and then the sensors are located behind it. Is that right? Do you actually take the sensor out to clean it or what is the best way?

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts roho's Avatar

Usually I used a blower brush, but on a couple nasty ones I actually brought the same sensors from a different shop machine and just swapped em out.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Canon iR 3080 E025-0000

Quote Originally Posted by Underwood15 View Post
    It shows in the video that you need to release the "light brown" PCB in front and then the sensors are located behind it. Is that right? Do you actually take the sensor out to clean it or what is the best way?
    Watch the video the guy knows what he is doing, btw the sensors look a bit like this

When you think you have made a procedure idiot proof your company employs a better idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by skynet View Post
    Watch the video the guy knows what he is doing, btw the sensors look a bit like this

Cleaned the yellow sensor. Put everything back together.....I got it to make one copy IN COLOR!!! Now, back to the same error message. Failed to mention that we are using CHEAP TONER CARTRIDGES for the last couple of months. I'm sure that's a factor, right?

Does the fact that I was able to make color copy confirm that it is a sensor issue? Could it be that the cheap yellow cartridge I am using is dumping too much toner and fouling up the sensor?

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Canon iR 3080 E025-0000

" Failed to mention that we are using CHEAP TONER CARTRIDGES for the last couple of months. I'm sure that's a factor, right?"

HELL YES it does.

genuine OEM toner is protected by copyright. The cheap toner might not have the same properties as OEM..

31yrs in the industry 3rd party toner has been a PAIN in my ASS....

customers think saving money on toner is good.... it is NOT. Not only Copy quality problems, it can mess up/break service parts.

That's why as service manager for several companies I have INSISTED that the boss writ into service agreements " Use of Compatible/3rd party toners will void warranties and maintenance contracts"

1st time a customer gets a BILL for repairs they go back to OEM toners... ( same with 3rd party drums )

Thanks for confirming what I've been trying to tell the front office for awhile now....BUYING CHEAP TONER CAUSES MORE PROBLEMS THAT IT'S WORTH!! I'm convinced now that this current error message is related to the use of cheap toner.

I can only hope that ONE DAY THEY WILL LEARN (when hit in the wallet).