Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

IRADV C2225 Cassette Problems

Copier is displaying load paper in drawer. It does not show paper size so I tried replacing the sensor unit at the back of the

cassette port and it didn't help. Switched cassettes and no change. I guess next would be the DC controller. Has anyone ran into this before. I have been working on these for a long time and never seen anything like it.

This machine also has an the additional cassette unit for 3 and 4. For some reason the machine doesn't show on the display

drawer 4.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Re: IRADV C2225 Cassette Problems

Quote Originally Posted by RHodg57 View Post
    Copier is displaying load paper in drawer. It does not show paper size so I tried replacing the sensor unit at the back of the

cassette port and it didn't help. Switched cassettes and no change. I guess next would be the DC controller. Has anyone ran into this before. I have been working on these for a long time and never seen anything like it.

This machine also has an the additional cassette unit for 3 and 4. For some reason the machine doesn't show on the display

drawer 4.

did you perform the sensor tests for the cassettes?

is firmware up to date?

any tech pubs for this machine and problem?

is there multiple tray sensors ( like paper out sensor )

i wouldn't go the board route until you verified all sensors are responding properly and firmware updated..

START with the simple things first

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

drawer 4.

What tray are you having the issue with 1 or 2 ?
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by copier tech View Post
    What tray are you having the issue with 1 or 2 ?
    Tray 2

Technical/IT Support 500+ Posts Venom's Avatar

Only thing I've seen on these is the lift gear breaks
    IBM, Mita, Konica Minolta, Ricoh, Kyocera, HyPAS, Canon, Oce, Samsung, HP, TEO IP PBX/Unified Communications, Comptia Network+ Comptia PDI+ Certifications

check the connections in the back of the additional cassette. Also i think this model has a paper detection flag. see if thats broken.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Did some testing and some part switching. I learned that the cassettes are wired to a Feeder Drive PCB. I have one on order but in the mean time I am now getting a jam code on start up 0A05 which is a stationary jam at PS20 Registration Sensor. I am trying to get a manual so I can look at schematics. I have the older models IRADV C2020 manual but they are not the same. I just have a feeling that driver board is related to all 3 problems. Been working on these models for a long time. This is the strangest I have ever seen.

In I\O mode that registration sensor does not show a bit for testing. All the other sensors do.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Did some testing and some part switching. I learned that the cassettes are wired to a Feeder Drive PCB. I have one on order but in the mean time I am now getting a jam code on start up 0A05 which is a stationary jam at PS20 Registration Sensor. I am trying to get a manual so I can look at schematics. I have the older models IRADV C2020 manual but they are not the same. I just have a feeling that driver board is related to all 3 problems. Been working on these models for a long time. This is the strangest I have ever seen.

In I\O mode that registration sensor does not show a bit for testing. All the other sensors do.
    Yes there are a few differences between the 20 & 22 series.

Here is the 22 series service manual ;0)

https://mega.nz/file/YE93BBRK#Z5_ph7...vWfjWeOxhJDoVk
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Copier Technician 1,000+ Posts

drawer 4.
    Just order a new feed assy not going to be DC controller this fault is common as for not showing trays 3 & 4 it probably the connector between machine and paper deck
    Regards Mark

FOR TRADE AND END USER SERVICE CALLS PLEASE VISIT WEB SITE FOR CONTACT DETAILS. COVERING GREATER LONDON {UK} AND ALL SURROUNDING COUNTIES.

RICOH, CANON, KYOCERA, KONICA, SHARP, HP/SAMSUNG BROTHER, LEXMARK.

https://copierservices.simdif.com

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Okay I am thinking of calling a Priest. I tried a feeder driver pcb to possible solve the cassette issues.

When I booted the copier back up it started giving me E-070-000 codes every time.

So put the suspected bad driver pcb back in the machine and no difference. Same

code. I tried a different ITB unit. That didn't help. I put a different patch sensor unit in it

and that didn't help. It appears that the itb is rotating. Going to try moving the copier to a different

room to eliminate power problems.