Cool ir adv c7260 color registration issues

I have a machine in the field that has a problem losing it's color registration about every 3500 copies or about 4 to 6 weeks of consistency. First someone had manually adjusted registration values so I made a p-print crosschecked them against factory data sheets with machine, reinput the correct values , changed the patch sensors and problem was solved almost 7 weeks. Then the problem came back , so we replaced the dc controller and now 6 weeks later the problem has reared it's ugly head again. I would love some fresh insight.

Copier Technician 1,000+ Posts
    ir adv c7260 color registration issues

Re: ir adv c7260 color registration issues

Quote Originally Posted by sammmy02 View Post
    I have a machine in the field that has a problem losing it's color registration about every 3500 copies or about 4 to 6 weeks of consistency. First someone had manually adjusted registration values so I made a p-print crosschecked them against factory data sheets with machine, reinput the correct values , changed the patch sensors and problem was solved almost 7 weeks. Then the problem came back , so we replaced the dc controller and now 6 weeks later the problem has reared it's ugly head again. I would love some fresh insight.
    How the pm parts life ie drums & devs if one is a little feint the id sensors can't read the patch correctly from itb I take it you have fully serviced machine. Did you set up new id sensor
    Regards Mark

FOR TRADE AND END USER SERVICE CALLS PLEASE VISIT WEB SITE FOR CONTACT DETAILS. COVERING GREATER LONDON {UK} AND ALL SURROUNDING COUNTIES.

RICOH, CANON, KYOCERA, KONICA, SHARP, HP/SAMSUNG BROTHER, LEXMARK.

https://copierservices.simdif.com

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mga View Post
    How the pm parts life ie drums & devs if one is a little feint the id sensors can't read the patch correctly from itb I take it you have fully serviced machine. Did you set up new id sensor
    +1

good catch Mark!

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

When in trouble I won't for the life of me start changing sensors and boards when consumables are doubtful.
    Just my 2¢.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tsbservice View Post
    When in trouble I won't for the life of me start changing sensors and boards when consumables are doubtful.
    Just my 2¢.
    IMHO replacing boards w/o defining the CAUSE of the problem is wastefull and just pisses off the customer due to: repeated visits.. down time... costs.

Copier Technician 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tsbservice View Post
    Just my 2¢.
    Correct
    Regards Mark

FOR TRADE AND END USER SERVICE CALLS PLEASE VISIT WEB SITE FOR CONTACT DETAILS. COVERING GREATER LONDON {UK} AND ALL SURROUNDING COUNTIES.

RICOH, CANON, KYOCERA, KONICA, SHARP, HP/SAMSUNG BROTHER, LEXMARK.

https://copierservices.simdif.com

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts 20 year tech's Avatar

I don't see that you have changed the ITB. Anomalies on the belt can cause the senors to get bad readings and incorrect compensations

I thank you all for your replies , The I.T.B had been replaced and initialized. I also failed to mention my registration was off cross copy. The DC controller was replaced by the recently hired New Service Manager. I did not figure it to be a solution either. The powers that be Decided to swap the machine out so the customer is happy. The patch sensors had also been set up. I still wish I new what the solution to the problem would be. All 4 colors were off cross copy at the first call.