Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Canon offline

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Canon offline

Hello

I have a Canon ir 8285. It is on my network, I can ping it and get to the web interface but when I install the print driver it says it is offline. I did check in the service mode it the interface is set to 0. I work mainly on Toshibas but we brought in this special order. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Canon offline

Re: Canon offline

Quote Originally Posted by Valintine View Post
    Hello

I have a Canon ir 8285. It is on my network, I can ping it and get to the web interface but when I install the print driver it says it is offline. I did check in the service mode it the interface is set to 0. I work mainly on Toshibas but we brought in this special order. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    sounds like it's a WSD port it's on.

don't use WSD

I would agree with Phil. Take it off WSD and install it with a IP address. Had a lot of trouble with WSD drivers.

Canon offline

Quote Originally Posted by kuby View Post
    I would agree with Phil. Take it off WSD and install it with a IP address. Had a lot of trouble with WSD drivers.
    another thing.. if it's on a win10 system.. install PCL6 driver.. no universal driver machine specific

win 10 has a problem printing with a PCL5 driver.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Thankyou for the replies. I am using an ip port. I have not had much luck with the wsd ports. At first I was using the ufr generic driver but now I am using the pcl6. One strange thing I am having happen sometimes when I restart my computer a test page or two prints out. This one is getting me. I will keep trying your suggestions.

Canon offline

Thankyou for the replies. I am using an ip port. I have not had much luck with the wsd ports. At first I was using the ufr generic driver but now I am using the pcl6. One strange thing I am having happen sometimes when I restart my computer a test page or two prints out. This one is getting me. I will keep trying your suggestions.
    don't know where but the startup page should be in the driver setup

Uncheck SNMP under ports tab

If you still have a issue assign it a difference ipadress and start over

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Hello

With your suggestions I have been able to have the driver see the 8285 online. When I click print the data light lights up for a second but the machine does not print. When I look at the print out of the log it say NG #860. I tried finding it and if I am reading the info correctly the print job is trying to use a function that the machine does not have. I checked the settings and it looks like I have it set correctly. Any more thoughts? Again thank you all.

Hello

With your suggestions I have been able to have the driver see the 8285 online. When I click print the data light lights up for a second but the machine does not print. When I look at the print out of the log it say NG #860. I tried finding it and if I am reading the info correctly the print job is trying to use a function that the machine does not have. I checked the settings and it looks like I have it set correctly. Any more thoughts? Again thank you all.
    Used the canon driverURF II or pcl driver
    Postscript is an option not installed.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

And that did it!! Thank you everyone for your help. I had started with the ufr driver and then changed to the pcl6. After I tried the suggestions I switched back to the ufr driver and it started printing out the test sheets that were held up. I can not say exactly which change or combination of changes did it but thank you again.