Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Exclamation Canon ir ADV C5240i randomly, when scanning and copying the first pages are black

Hello,

I have this random problem on a Canon ADV C5240i. I upgraded the firmware to the latest version and it does the same: it scans the first 2-3 pages of the document completely black or newer, as in the image uploaded on the site. just part of the page, its beginning.

The ADF is single pass. The problems started when it gave Err E302-0101 and I replaced the Reader Controller PCB. with this repair the error was resolved. in a week he gave Err E302-0001. I reset the Flat cable and cleaned the scanner mirrors. The error is gone.

After other weeks of trouble-free operation, it began scanning through the ADF and emailing completely black pages.

If you have encountered this problem, please help me a lot. He started doing it more and more often and the client is very upset.

Thank you!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by aditaticu; 10-24-2020 at 01:45 PM.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Canon ir ADV C5240i randomly, when scanning and copying the first pages are black

Re: Canon ir ADV C5240i randomly, when scanning and copying the first pages are black

try to replace the cable between scanner unit and reader controller

Re: Canon ir ADV C5240i randomly, when scanning and copying the first pages are black

Quote Originally Posted by GIUBOSS View Post
    try to replace the cable between scanner unit and reader controller
    I'll change the flat cable on Monday morning.
    But I'm thinking of one thing. Why does it scan well from the window when the scanner unit is moving and why does it scan black when it sits still and the sheet goes through the ADF?
    You're right with flat cable, I've replaced it several times in Canon equipment. But then, the scan was black only on the window and not through the ADF.
    A flat cable circuit may be interrupted.

If anyone else has an idea, I'll be happy.

Thank you all.