Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Question Your opinions on Canon imagePRESS C165

Hello.

Does anybody have this machine? What can you say practically (or as serviceman) about quality, pricing, troubles?
    I received some offers from Canon dealers, mostly the same on Canon's site brochure. As I see color toner is twice as on imagePRESS 750, 710. Is it chips on them? Can I add toner from big machine bottles into cartridges? IBT and fuser components are with big counter and a big price. And so on.

What is your opinions?

teacher-guide-expert-guru 2,500+ Posts
    Your opinions on Canon imagePRESS C165

Re: Your opinions on Canon imagePRESS C165

I assume you have a printing company.
    The Model 165 is a highly office and not a production type.
    Click cost is too high and also does not carry a load like the 710 series.
    I believe the price smells better than 710.
    Practice makes perfect
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it
    A picture is worth a thousand words
    If you want something done right, you have to do it yourself

First off: NO, do not try to fill toner bottles yourself. Ever. It doesn't take much humidity to cause lumping inside the toner bottle. This will lead to print quality issues and often overloading of the toner supply system. Who is then responsible? Did Canon/Kyocera/Xerox/Minolta build a lousy machine, or was it mistreated?

Next up: The C165 offers very high quality in quite a compact footprint. It's just right for customers who want the high quality of larger machines, but don't have the print volume to justify the higher prices.

The registration is good for a machine like this, but obviously not able to compare to the imagePRESS C910 series which has the luxury of more internal space and a better registration system.

It's an ideal machine to place alone in an office environment, that also demands proofing or similar high demands on high quality. Why? Because the quality is very close to the C910, but the warm-up time and first print on a C165 are much quicker. A C910 will often need to be supplemented with a smaller pure-office machine, because users cannot wait 3-7 minutes just to print an e-mail.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zoraldinho View Post
    I assume you have a printing company. I believe the price smells better than 710.
    Seller set the price about $10 000 with embedded ImagePRESS Server M10 included (EFI Fiery).