Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Re: canon advance ip c5035i

As i noted earlier now the problem is not the door openning (i managed to open the door) but the fact that it doesn't load toner . Machines tries to load toner, it turns toner bottle but eventually ask to add new toner.
    Also if the part at the picture above , that has a crach under (you can not see it at the picture , has effect on the problem (what this part is for ? what is it's function?)

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gab View Post
    As i noted earlier now the problem is not the door openning (i managed to open the door) but the fact that it doesn't load toner . Machines tries to load toner, it turns toner bottle but eventually ask to add new toner.
    Also if the part at the picture above , that has a crach under (you can not see it at the picture , has effect on the problem (what this part is for ? what is it's function?)
    My suggestion is that you should change the hopper unit and replace with another working one. It will likely be the same problem that was preventing you from bringing the toner bottle out. "... an open cork clasps on the neck of the toner bottle, whilst the inner part of the cork pulls out the cover of the toner bottle to let in toner through the hopper into the dev unit (This appears to be the situation making it impossible for you to pull it out now)". The situation appears to confirm the above portion of my previous suggestion.
    Concerning the part you asked, I think everything about the inlet is for holding and covering the toner bottle. All sensors and gears that are controlling the toner buffer is located at the hopper unit. So it wont be the cause.

Technician

Replace the set on hopper assembly and the drive motor for the affected color.