Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

IFP605 blue color clogged

Hey,

I have a problem with this IPF605 which I've recently bought. According to the seller the print head was dried, and must be replaced...so it wasn't so expensive.
    Anyhow, there were 5 OEM tanks in it, only the blue was missing. Magenta and yellow were running out, so I only had to buy a blue tank to figure out the printer's condition.
    I was only able to print in service mode. If service mode wasn't turned on at start, before printing I got an "execute printhead cleaning, if still display same error, replace printhead."
    In service mode though I could print some test pages, and realized that every color is perfect, except the blue.
    Later on the yellow ran out, so I bought a yellow and a magenta tank as well.
    After printing a test page again I see that the blue color got even worse...a lot worse. Before it was maybe in a 50% condition (half of the printed lines were missing), now I only see a few blue lines in the test page.
    So I took out the print head, and tried to clean it with a cotton swab dipped in alcohol. The test print is still remained the same.
    So here are my questions:
    Is it possible that maybe the blue problem isn't print head related? I figured since the blue tank was removed for I don't know how long, maybe it dried in somewhere else and the and the test print was better at first because the ink still came from the printer's system, and now the ink from the new tank can't even reach the print head.
    Why is it that I can only print in service mode?
    Also after doing a cleaning cycle, the following error message pops up: Hardware error 03800500-2F2F, Turn off printer, wait, then turn on again. Any idea how to solve this one?
    I'm guessing the problems are connected, but not sure how to solve it. I will give the print head a proper cleaning later on (if no one gives a better advice )
    Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by slav3r; 01-14-2021 at 04:07 PM.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: IFP605 blue color clogged

Quote Originally Posted by slav3r View Post
    Hey,

I have a problem with this IPF605 which I've recently bought. According to the seller the print head was dried, and must be replaced...so it wasn't so expensive.
    Anyhow, there were 5 OEM tanks in it, only the blue was missing. Magenta and yellow were running out, so I only had to buy a blue tank to figure out the printer's condition.
    I was only able to print in service mode. If service mode wasn't turned on at start, before printing I got an "execute printhead cleaning, if still display same error, replace printhead."
    In service mode though I could print some test pages, and realized that every color is perfect, except the blue.
    Later on the yellow ran out, so I bought a yellow and a magenta tank as well.
    After printing a test page again I see that the blue color got even worse...a lot worse. Before it was maybe in a 50% condition (half of the printed lines were missing), now I only see a few blue lines in the test page.
    So I took out the print head, and tried to clean it with a cotton swab dipped in alcohol. The test print is still remained the same.
    So here are my questions:
    Is it possible that maybe the blue problem isn't print head related? I figured since the blue tank was removed for I don't know how long, maybe it dried in somewhere else and the and the test print was better at first because the ink still came from the printer's system, and now the ink from the new tank can't even reach the print head.
    Why is it that I can only print in service mode?
    Also after doing a cleaning cycle, the following error message pops up: Hardware error 03800500-2F2F, Turn off printer, wait, then turn on again. Any idea how to solve this one?
    I'm guessing the problems are connected, but not sure how to solve it. I will give the print head a proper cleaning later on (if no one gives a better advice )
    Thanks in advance!
    Hello,
    I think the answer to everyone of your question is what the seller told you: "change the print head". Your post shows that you haven't changed it, but you were trying a miracle to keep it working. Remember you are yet to know why the original owner dumped it. Who knows, it might be this same trouble you are having trying to figure out the solutions. I think a printer goes by its name. That is, it is only a printer if it can bring a decent copy.
    Sometimes, it is better to add few bucks to the savings to get a working machine than buy a "headache" at a cut-throat discount.
    My suggestion is that, if you want to progress, get the print head first. However, if you still want to do your jogging in the mire, please find some info below:

Display:Hardware error. 03800500-2F2F Turn off printer, wait, then turn on again.

Description:
    Non-ejection detection error As a result of nozzle checking made by the head management sensor unit: 1. All 640 nozzles in a nozzle line are nondischarging. 2. At least 50 nozzles have been found mismatched in a nozzle line of 640 nozzles since the last session of detection.

Remedy:
    1. Check whether any foreign matter such as paper slip exists on the head management sensor optical axis. 2. Light interception due to ink accumulation.-> Remove the ink/ Replace the unit. 3. Check the head management sensor's connector connection 4. If Service mode nozzle check pattern printing is no problem, replace the head management sensor unit. Reference 1) As for the detection condition 1. above, in the iPF650/750, iPF6300/6350, and iPF8300 series or later, the error codes are broken up into 2F40,2F41,2F42,2F43,2F44, and 2F47 depending on the non-ejection conditions. Reference 2) Error 2F2F,2F40,2F41,2F42,2F43,2F44, and 2F47 are detected in the following order. 1. Determines signal level (2F47) of head management sensor 2. Determines complete non-ejection of all colors (2F40) 3. Determines multiple mismatches (2F2F) 4. Determines complete non-ejection of a single color (2F41) 5. Determines complete non-ejection of one line (2F42) 6. Determines complete non-ejection of 640 nozzles (2F43) 7. Determines non-ejection of more than 320 nozzles (2F44) Reference 3) The amount of change (between non-ejecting and ejecting nozzle counts) from the last session of nozzle checking is defined as the amount of mismatch.
    I hope you get good result out of your efforts.

Re: IFP605 blue color clogged

Quote Originally Posted by Andyboachie View Post

Hello,
    I think the answer to everyone of your question is what the seller told you: "change the print head". Your post shows that you haven't changed it, but you were trying a miracle to keep it working. Remember you are yet to know why the original owner dumped it. Who knows, it might be this same trouble you are having trying to figure out the solutions. I think a printer goes by its name. That is, it is only a printer if it can bring a decent copy.
    Sometimes, it is better to add few bucks to the savings to get a working machine than buy a "headache" at a cut-throat discount.
    My suggestion is that, if you want to progress, get the print head first. However, if you still want to do your jogging in the mire, please find some info below:

Display:Hardware error. 03800500-2F2F Turn off printer, wait, then turn on again.

Description:
    Non-ejection detection error As a result of nozzle checking made by the head management sensor unit: 1. All 640 nozzles in a nozzle line are nondischarging. 2. At least 50 nozzles have been found mismatched in a nozzle line of 640 nozzles since the last session of detection.

Remedy:
    1. Check whether any foreign matter such as paper slip exists on the head management sensor optical axis. 2. Light interception due to ink accumulation.-> Remove the ink/ Replace the unit. 3. Check the head management sensor's connector connection 4. If Service mode nozzle check pattern printing is no problem, replace the head management sensor unit. Reference 1) As for the detection condition 1. above, in the iPF650/750, iPF6300/6350, and iPF8300 series or later, the error codes are broken up into 2F40,2F41,2F42,2F43,2F44, and 2F47 depending on the non-ejection conditions. Reference 2) Error 2F2F,2F40,2F41,2F42,2F43,2F44, and 2F47 are detected in the following order. 1. Determines signal level (2F47) of head management sensor 2. Determines complete non-ejection of all colors (2F40) 3. Determines multiple mismatches (2F2F) 4. Determines complete non-ejection of a single color (2F41) 5. Determines complete non-ejection of one line (2F42) 6. Determines complete non-ejection of 640 nozzles (2F43) 7. Determines non-ejection of more than 320 nozzles (2F44) Reference 3) The amount of change (between non-ejecting and ejecting nozzle counts) from the last session of nozzle checking is defined as the amount of mismatch.
    I hope you get good result out of your efforts.

Thanks for the answer.
    The only reason why I bought this printer though to get it working and resell it...so minimizing the costs were a top priority.
    Anyways, I soaked the print head in an alcoholic mixture for the night, and cleaned it.
    Now it's working perfectly.
    About the error message...yeah, I can use google as well, and read that comment. I wondered if anyone had any personal experience with this issue, but thankfully it's all fixed now.