Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Login RUI password

I recently bought a Canon Advance 4535i that had a Meap access card and could not get in using 7654321. I did a couple of things that allowed me to get in through the copier panel but I can't get in through the RUI. I ended up doing an initialized setting and it boots up to a normal screen and functions but I still can't login through web browser. It shows a login page instead of the copier info and if I use 7654321 it says incorrect. I also tried MeapSmsLogin and that doesn't work.

Copier Technician 1,000+ Posts
    Login RUI password

Re: Login RUI password

Quote Originally Posted by campy View Post
    I recently bought a Canon Advance 4535i that had a Meap access card and could not get in using 7654321. I did a couple of things that allowed me to get in through the copier panel but I can't get in through the RUI. I ended up doing an initialized setting and it boots up to a normal screen and functions but I still can't login through web browser. It shows a login page instead of the copier info and if I use 7654321 it says incorrect. I also tried MeapSmsLogin and that doesn't work.
    You can reset login password in service mode
    Regards Mark

FOR TRADE AND END USER SERVICE CALLS PLEASE VISIT WEB SITE FOR CONTACT DETAILS. COVERING GREATER LONDON {UK} AND ALL SURROUNDING COUNTIES.

RICOH, CANON, KYOCERA, KONICA, SHARP, HP/SAMSUNG BROTHER, LEXMARK.

https://copierservices.simdif.com

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mga View Post
    You can reset login password in service mode
    I did that unless there is a separate one for the RUI that I don't know about.

Copier Technician 1,000+ Posts
    Login RUI password

I did that unless there is a separate one for the RUI that I don't know about.
    The rui password would be the same as the copier if had card reader did you unplug and clear mmi
    Regards Mark

FOR TRADE AND END USER SERVICE CALLS PLEASE VISIT WEB SITE FOR CONTACT DETAILS. COVERING GREATER LONDON {UK} AND ALL SURROUNDING COUNTIES.

RICOH, CANON, KYOCERA, KONICA, SHARP, HP/SAMSUNG BROTHER, LEXMARK.

https://copierservices.simdif.com

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mga View Post
    The rui password would be the same as the copier if had card reader did you unplug and clear mmi
    No I did not. What else would get cleared by clearing MMI? I think it has something to do with the MEAP software but I can't get into the RUI to deactivate the license.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts nicknt82's Avatar

User: Administrator
    Password: 7654321

If you still can't access, come on copier make sure this setting is ON:

(Settings/Registration) <Management Settings> <License/Other> <Remote UI>

Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar

If you do an MMI Clear, all settings that are listed in the “door specs” will go back to factory defaults, so make sure you make note of those settings first, especially if any of them have be changed to something else.

Not sure if the clear will stomp on any licensing, such as MEAP or its apps.

Many moons ago, I did an MMI clear on an iR7200, and it was lucky to even pass a sheet of paper until I put the settings back to door specs.
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

This is what I had to do to allow access to the RUI portal. I changed the password from 7654321 to 1234567 on the copier and then logged in on the web browser User: Administrator, PW: 1234567. I don't know why I couldn't use the default even after clearing password in service mode.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Login RUI password

Quote Originally Posted by nicknt82 View Post
    User: Administrator
    Password: 7654321

If you still can't access, come on copier make sure this setting is ON:

(Settings/Registration) <Management Settings> <License/Other> <Remote UI>
    This is the correct login info.

Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Senior Tech 100+ Posts nicknt82's Avatar

This is what I had to do to allow access to the RUI portal. I changed the password from 7654321 to 1234567 on the copier and then logged in on the web browser User: Administrator, PW: 1234567. I don't know why I couldn't use the default even after clearing password in service mode.

For security reasons, you cannot log in to the Remote UI using the default password (7654321) for the Administrator user. Log in to the Remote UI after changing the password of the Administrator user from the control panel.

You can use default pass when setting on machine:

( (Settings/Registration) <Management Settings> <Security Settings> <Authentication/Password Settings> <Password Settings> <Allow Use of Default Password for Remote Access> <On>