Technician

Error 315-500 accompanied by an error 743 on IRa6255

Boots normally no error whatsoever then copy a 1 page docu it works on the platten glass and makes a print immediately without flaw. 1 copy spits the print perfectly.
    But then when doing a copy in collate mode, press it once it scans then press it the 2nd time the light of the scanner just holds light and stops on the home position holds scanning until error flashes on the screen. Inputs on this please. Thank you.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Error 315-500 accompanied by an error 743 on IRa6255

Re: Error 315-500 accompanied by an error 743 on IRa6255

I had a E315 on C5051 Scanning mirrors and glasses were cleaned and a full setup was done on the scanner. White scans and all. GONE

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Hello ,

The error code issue of E315-0500 code could be solved by formatting the Hard Disk Drive then reloading the System Software for the machine.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by techandtrader View Post
    I had a E315 on C5051 Scanning mirrors and glasses were cleaned and a full setup was done on the scanner. White scans and all. GONE
    i had done this already... i am zeroing in on PCB 2 as of now ( have noticed how the heat sink above the chip below the memory has almost detached, i tried to redo the thermal compound on this and reseat the pre installed heat spreader - heat does really build up on this portion so that may be causing the PCB2 to halt scanning.) Already checked the connection to the rcon. Checked the sata cables on the hdds.

Technician

Guys for this threads finality I got my 315-500 fixed after 11 days of troubleshooting. Particularly on one Canon circular about this error from a C machine I stumbled upon this issue to focus on the Flex Cable to and from the CCD and the RCON. After meticulously cleaning the ends and reseating them properly to their terminals, I manage to fix that error. Thanks for your help. And keep on sharing.