Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Canon c8000 w/B4000 Fiery (Jobs Stuck in Printing Queue)

Running into a recurring issue on a Canon c8000 w/B4000 Fiery, where after a random number of jobs, lets say 10, the job will show in Command Workstation (CWS) as Printing but never actually makes it to the printer.

I printed the exact same job 13 times in a row (Booklet with 12 pages) with no issues and on the 13th time it goes into Printing queue and will not actually make it to the Canon. This number is random, can happen after one job or after 20...

Once this has happened I can not get anymore jobs to print from any queues,just stays stuck on Printing. For some reason I can still print from the Server -> Menu (PS Test page, network config, etc.) while this is going on. Those jobs go through fine and make it to the engine and print.

If I restart the Fiery service itself, once it comes back to IDLE I can print again fine.

Fiery has all latest updates, Canon c8000 engine also does too.
    This is the 2nd Fiery this is happening on. I have also swapped out the Copier Interface cable and network cables as well.

Any suggestions would be more than appreciated.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Canon c8000 w/B4000 Fiery (Jobs Stuck in Printing Queue)

Re: Canon c8000 w/B4000 Fiery (Jobs Stuck in Printing Queue)

Quote Originally Posted by Adizzy59 View Post
    Running into a recurring issue on a Canon c8000 w/B4000 Fiery, where after a random number of jobs, lets say 10, the job will show in Command Workstation (CWS) as Printing but never actually makes it to the printer.

I printed the exact same job 13 times in a row (Booklet with 12 pages) with no issues and on the 13th time it goes into Printing queue and will not actually make it to the Canon. This number is random, can happen after one job or after 20...

Once this has happened I can not get anymore jobs to print from any queues,just stays stuck on Printing. For some reason I can still print from the Server -> Menu (PS Test page, network config, etc.) while this is going on. Those jobs go through fine and make it to the engine and print.

If I restart the Fiery service itself, once it comes back to IDLE I can print again fine.

This is the 2nd Fiery this is happening on. I have also swapped out the Copier Interface cable and network cables as well.

Any old files in que ?
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar

Are the offending jobs always coming from the same workstation? Or application?

I had a very similar issue years back with a Canon Z7500 ColorPASS (Fiery) where it would print, but then stop processing only after a job was printed from one workstation that had CorelDraw, and any CorelDraw job from it caused the issue.

It was the only workstation that used CorelDraw.

In that case, it was because the IT guy (refusing my help) did not select the PostScript PPD to use within the application, as was required.

While it was a corrupt print job error, the problem was far from being obvious.
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins

Senior Tech 100+ Posts onlyinnewfoundland's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Adizzy59 View Post

Grab your laptop and crossover cable and connect to the Fiery. Try some jobs.

Or have the customer export some jobs from CWS so you can import them and try to run them from your laptop.

That should isolate customer network/workstations.

Probably just a bad file that is being resent constantly from somebody's print queue.