Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    C5250 ITB Unit  Rebuild or Replace ?

Question C5250 ITB Unit Rebuild or Replace ?

So I got a fresh 300k unit that got a new Belt about a year ago for e075. Its funny but I also have a C5045 with 325 K and have not had to touch that one. It was the updated version with ITB Improve kit.

If you have a C5250 ITB with 300k Would you rebuild it with new drive and transfer rollers - Install the updated little drive kit or is it better to trash these?

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Re: C5250 ITB Unit Rebuild or Replace ?

Quote Originally Posted by techandtrader View Post
    So I got a fresh 300k unit that got a new Belt about a year ago for e075. Its funny but I also have a C5045 with 325 K and have not had to touch that one. It was the updated version with ITB Improve kit.

If you have a C5250 ITB with 300k Would you rebuild it with new drive and transfer rollers - Install the updated little drive kit or is it better to trash these?

Sooooo many bulletins on this issue. I only fit a new belt & cleaning unit making sure the unit is totally clean before fitting the new belt especially the large rubber drive roller.

That kit didn't seem to help. Also make sure the machine is on a level surface.

I only replace the complete ITB unit once the machine gets to a million, even then if there is no history of E075 I leave it alone.

Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Re: C5250 ITB Unit Rebuild or Replace ?

Yeah I have some C5000 series that have been really stable around the ITB. I know the error well though and all the info on it.
    This one is in a high use office so I am hoping it will be killed. The revision on the assembly is -020. I hope that will mean something for this machine too. Cheers.