Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician
    Canon imagepress C650

Canon imagepress C650

Hello all,

We own Canon ImagePress C650 and recently we have been experiencing the following issue. Printed text on same document of one type of font would print blurred out while different font on same document and print job would print crystal clear. No printer or print settings have been changed prior this issue occurred. Printing from two different computers has the same problem as described above.
    I suspect it has something to do while file is being flattened? Driver in use is PCL6. All documents are high quality PDFs exported from in-design source.
    Several closeup photos here: Dropbox - CANONSHARED - Simplify your life
    Thanks in advance!

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts vigour's Avatar

Re: Canon imagepress C650

For my 2 cents, Postscript and pdfs belong together especially when there is a problem with another driver. Both were made by Adobe.
    Back in the day I was always steered away from Pcl 6. They said it was flaky. It might be better now.
    It seems you have no RIP on that Image press. I didn't know they sold them with no RiP

Technician
    Canon imagepress C650

Quote Originally Posted by vigour View Post
    For my 2 cents, Postscript and pdfs belong together especially when there is a problem with another driver. Both were made by Adobe.
    Back in the day I was always steered away from Pcl 6. They said it was flaky. It might be better now.
    It seems you have no RIP on that Image press. I didn't know they sold them with no RiP
    Thanks for your reply. Upon further tests it turned out the driver was the reason for blurry text. PS3 and UFRII did not have that defect. PS3 prints the blue color a lot more like purple but text is more precise than text via UFRII. While UFRII driver matches image colors more accurate. Canon recommends UFRII.
    I am not a technician, we just have purchased that copier to print exclusively our assembly manual booklets. It has built in controller (no fiery). In order for the booklets to come out correct as double side printed on letter size sheets, folded and saddle stapled, "application processing" must be selected in print settings. I am not sure if this setting relates to how booklet gets finished or actual print quality.
    Would you recommend ultimately UFRII or PS3 driver? Priority here is print quality of all images in the manual, of course text should print out as good as possible. We don't care about speed or pre-processing although opur master manual which is over 550mb and after flattening it appears in the copier over 1GB, it takes quite long time to start printing.
    As I mentioned, I am not a technician. Not sure what RiP is.

Thanks again.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts vigour's Avatar

Rip is short for Fiery Rip
    Ufr is optimized for the Canon board, so it's fine to use it.
    That method for doing your booklets is not familiar to me. They probably added different steps since I retired.
    Last edited by vigour; 03-10-2021 at 07:32 AM.