Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Generic drum for Advance 4545i?

I just bought one from a wholesaler with 73K on it and when I checked the drum counter says 333K, so the dealer probably swapped it before returning to the leasing company.. I really don't want to put a $400 drum in especially since I paid a premium for the low volume figuring I don't have to worry about a drum or fuser for some time. Has anyone used the Katun drum rebuild kit? They only rate it for 150K but that will get me about 2 years out of it.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Re: Generic drum for Advance 4545i?

Quote Originally Posted by campy View Post
    I just bought one from a wholesaler with 73K on it and when I checked the drum counter says 333K, so the dealer probably swapped it before returning to the leasing company.. I really don't want to put a $400 drum in especially since I paid a premium for the low volume figuring I don't have to worry about a drum or fuser for some time. Has anyone used the Katun drum rebuild kit? They only rate it for 150K but that will get me about 2 years out of it.
    I don't think you have much choice if you don't want to spend a lot and as far as I know Katun produces better than many other compatible consumable manufacturers.

Copier Technician 1,000+ Posts

This is strange the machine done 73k drum done 333k you sure the machine total counter hasn't been changed as when you fit drum you have to reset drum counter in service mode
    Regards Mark

FOR TRADE AND END USER SERVICE CALLS PLEASE VISIT WEB SITE FOR CONTACT DETAILS. COVERING GREATER LONDON {UK} AND ALL SURROUNDING COUNTIES.

RICOH, CANON, KYOCERA, KONICA, SHARP, HP/SAMSUNG BROTHER, LEXMARK.

https://copierservices.simdif.com

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mga View Post
    This is strange the machine done 73k drum done 333k you sure the machine total counter hasn't been changed as when you fit drum you have to reset drum counter in service mode
    The drum was probably taken out by the returning dealer since it only had 73K on it and put in a drum that had 333K. The machine looks new and the other counters are in line with a machine with 73K.

Copier Technician 1,000+ Posts

The drum was probably taken out by the returning dealer since it only had 73K on it and put in a drum that had 333K. The machine looks new and the other counters are in line with a machine with 73K.
    The drum on this model does not have a chip that means no matter what the life should be the same as the copier
    Regards Mark

FOR TRADE AND END USER SERVICE CALLS PLEASE VISIT WEB SITE FOR CONTACT DETAILS. COVERING GREATER LONDON {UK} AND ALL SURROUNDING COUNTIES.

RICOH, CANON, KYOCERA, KONICA, SHARP, HP/SAMSUNG BROTHER, LEXMARK.

https://copierservices.simdif.com

Technician

Been using Katun since 1980s. Haven't for awhile , but their quality never was an issue.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pete from Prescott View Post
    Been using Katun since 1980s. Haven't for awhile , but their quality never was an issue.
    We had many problems with them for Canon.