Technician
    Canon IR Adv. 4235 Horrendous Image!!!

Exclamation Canon IR Adv. 4235 Horrendous Image!!!

Just rebuilt drum with Drum and Blade. (Not Charge Roller) Copies were great.
    Copier in very unstable location with potential power issues, but have had Mita, Savin, and Toshibas there over the years with good results.
    While doing a long run (She sells books on very old vintage clothing patterns and does quite well) the image suddenly went into a horrendous pattern similar to the old developer failure patterns. Please see pics of two consecutive prints)

I checked the contacts on drum and in cavity, cleaned and retried to no avail. Also looked over the drum unit carefully. removed the charge roller assy. and inspected. Looked fine

This is an old Navy gal who has worked at some pretty interesting government offices and is all alone now. Been helping her for many years now. She'sa got a big order coming in this month so I'm really hopping to get her up.
    Thanx guys (generically speaking)
    Pete from Prescott
    Attached Images Attached Images

Copier Technician 1,000+ Posts

Re: Canon IR Adv. 4235 Horrendous Image!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pete from Prescott View Post
    Copier in very unstable location with potential power issues, but have had Mita, Savin, and Toshibas there over the years with good results.
    While doing a long run (She sells books on very old vintage clothing patterns and does quite well) the image suddenly went into a horrendous pattern similar to the old developer failure patterns. Please see pics of two consecutive prints)

I checked the contacts on drum and in cavity, cleaned and retried to no avail. Also looked over the drum unit carefully. removed the charge roller assy. and inspected. Looked fine

This is an old Navy gal who has worked at some pretty interesting government offices and is all alone now. Been helping her for many years now. She'sa got a big order coming in this month so I'm really hopping to get her up.
    Pete from Prescott
    Recheck the drum unit check mag roller on development assy if compatible toner you may need to vac out dev assy and re setup also can fuser film assembly
    Regards Mark

FOR TRADE AND END USER SERVICE CALLS PLEASE VISIT WEB SITE FOR CONTACT DETAILS. COVERING GREATER LONDON {UK} AND ALL SURROUNDING COUNTIES.

RICOH, CANON, KYOCERA, KONICA, SHARP, HP/SAMSUNG BROTHER, LEXMARK.

https://copierservices.simdif.com

Technician

Canons have no developer.
    It seems to be a charging issue. The toner mag roller is perfect until the drum unit pulls toner in that horrible pattern. I guess that would suggest the drum unit. Wish I had an old one to test with. Pretty isolated unit out here in the sticks.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pete from Prescott View Post

Pete from Prescott
    You rebuilt the drum they are not designed to be rebuilt.

Never seen this issue before but we only use genuine Canon parts & toner.

Fit a new genuine Canon drum unit or you can even ship one direct to your client show her how to fit it herself.

Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk