Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Canon iR1435iF Jam 014C

Strange issue with a machine giving 014C jam code. I've been to site 5 times, and I've seen it jam, but it would just stop jamming and run fine for a while and then it starts again to jam every 2 to 9 pages. The code says its a delay to pre-reg, Fixing Delivery, or delivery full sensors. every time that it jams the lead edge of the page is just come out of the fuser, and there is another page stuck at pickup.

I've changed pickup rollers, as a precaution and cleaned the the rest of them. Swapped photo interrupters to see if jam location changes. inspected paper path for defects but found none. machine is still low mileage, only 41000 on the clock.

Now i have picked it up and brought it to my workshop for thorough testing, and i've printed almost 1000 pages and not 1 jam? Any body have any ideas?

thanks for any help

Multibrands Tech 250+ Posts rapidocument's Avatar

Re: Canon iR1435iF Jam 014C

I'd try to clean and relube the fuser film, it might be running slower at a times and not passing the copy at correct speed, these models have known issues with their fusers.

P.S. Also the retard roller torque limiter is a known troublemaker for these series.
    Last edited by rapidocument; 04-13-2021 at 06:13 PM. Reason: additional info

Re: Canon iR1435iF Jam 014C

Quote Originally Posted by rapidocument View Post
    I'd try to clean and relube the fuser film, it might be running slower at a times and not passing the copy at correct speed, these models have known issues with their fusers.

P.S. Also the retard roller torque limiter is a known troublemaker for these series.
    Thank you for advise.

I did try another fuser but same problem.

In the end, I stripped the main drive and cleaned the excess grease on the big gear. this is also a known problem, but with different symptoms... it keeps feeding when that is the problem. but, since i have done this the machine is behaving.

thank you again