Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 31 to 38 of 38
  1. #31
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    80
    Rep Power
    3

    Re: Cause for repeating black spot?

    Thanks guys for your advice and concern.

    If only it were that simple...

    Covid is preventing me from going there, factually. I have very limited access, only after hours and only on a really as-needed basis. They want to handle as much as possible themselves - really as much as possible. It's not a traditional technician/customer setup here. It's a long story, made longer with covid.

  2. #32
    Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Cause for repeating black spot?

    Phil B.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Posts
    14,534
    Rep Power
    386

    Re: Cause for repeating black spot?

    Quote Originally Posted by bret@cos.flag.org View Post
    I got an opinion from another tech that since the drum was recently changed, that it is probably that the drum is mis-aligned which would cause that issue. He suggested to open it up and pop out and re-insert the black drum. Then re-run the Auto Correct Color mismatch procedure.
    Always question what you did IF there is a problem after the service.
    But I first suggest using the wood cabinet makers rell me, measure twice .. cut once. (In other words double check your shit)
    My 2 cents.

    Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

  3. #33
    Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Cause for repeating black spot?

    Phil B.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Posts
    14,534
    Rep Power
    386

    Re: Cause for repeating black spot?

    Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    If the sensor is dirty it will happen on a daily basis. Get the hell out there and clean the damned sensor before you lose a customer.
    +1

    Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

  4. #34
    Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Cause for repeating black spot?

    Phil B.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Posts
    14,534
    Rep Power
    386

    Re: Cause for repeating black spot?

    Quote Originally Posted by bret@cos.flag.org View Post
    Thanks guys for your advice and concern.

    If only it were that simple...

    Covid is preventing me from going there, factually. I have very limited access, only after hours and only on a really as-needed basis. They want to handle as much as possible themselves - really as much as possible. It's not a traditional technician/customer setup here. It's a long story, made longer with covid.
    Wait you're in FL and there are covid restrictions? Local or company?
    DeSantis has had the state open.

    Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

  5. #35
    Retired 10,000+ Posts slimslob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Bakersfield, CA
    Posts
    15,679
    Rep Power
    439

    Re: Cause for repeating black spot?

    Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    Wait you're in FL and there are covid restrictions? Local or company?
    DeSantis has had the state open.

    Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Maybe he is bsm2's cousin.

  6. #36
    Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Cause for repeating black spot?

    Phil B.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Posts
    14,534
    Rep Power
    386

    Re: Cause for repeating black spot?

    Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Maybe he is bsm2's cousin.

  7. #37
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    80
    Rep Power
    3

    Re: Cause for repeating black spot?

    Self imposed covid restrictions, far more strict than government restrictions. Folks susceptible to illness. Their call, not mine.

    I completely agree with you guys. I'm not trying to skip out of the job or skimp it in any way. But in this case their health is more important than the operation of the machine. Each time I go there, and the longer I stay, is considered a health risk for those folks.

    We're all crossing our fingers that it stays working. If not I'll schedule going back (well after normal working hours) and will re-check the drum alignment and clean the sensors.

  8. #38
    Retired 10,000+ Posts slimslob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Bakersfield, CA
    Posts
    15,679
    Rep Power
    439

    Re: Cause for repeating black spot?

    Quote Originally Posted by bret@cos.flag.org View Post
    Self imposed covid restrictions, far more strict than government restrictions. Folks susceptible to illness. Their call, not mine.

    I completely agree with you guys. I'm not trying to skip out of the job or skimp it in any way. But in this case their health is more important than the operation of the machine. Each time I go there, and the longer I stay, is considered a health risk for those folks.

    We're all crossing our fingers that it stays working. If not I'll schedule going back (well after normal working hours) and will re-check the drum alignment and clean the sensors.
    Email them our suggestions and a PDF copy of the service manual and let them decide if they want you to do or if they want to. You may have send the service as a link to a cloud drive if it is too large. If you use gmail it does it for you.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Get the Android App
click or scan for the Copytechnet Mobile App

-= -= -= -= -=


IDrive Remote Backup

Lunarpages Internet Solutions

Advertise on Copytechnet

Your Link Here