Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Cause for repeating black spot?

Re: Cause for repeating black spot?

Quote Originally Posted by bret@cos.flag.org View Post
    Ok, I changed out the black drum, and the repeating black spot went away. I ran color calibrations last night and all was well.

Now today the users are saying the colors are not properly aligned. They're trying to run the Auto Correct Color mismatch and it is saying that it was cancelled and to try running it again, and if that fails to call Support. So they're calling me.

Any ideas what might cause that to fail? Obviously it could be something to do with the drum just installed, but would I need to go back there and open up the machine again? If so any recommendations as to what to look for? All seemed fine when I left it yesterday.

Thanks.
    clean the patch sensors on the belt... clean cloth NO IPA

Copier Technician 1,000+ Posts

Ok, I changed out the black drum, and the repeating black spot went away. I ran color calibrations last night and all was well.

Now today the users are saying the colors are not properly aligned. They're trying to run the Auto Correct Color mismatch and it is saying that it was cancelled and to try running it again, and if that fails to call Support. So they're calling me.

Any ideas what might cause that to fail? Obviously it could be something to do with the drum just installed, but would I need to go back there and open up the machine again? If so any recommendations as to what to look for? All seemed fine when I left it yesterday.

Thanks.
    Did you fit a new oem drum they not cheap on these machines
    Regards Mark

FOR TRADE AND END USER SERVICE CALLS PLEASE VISIT WEB SITE FOR CONTACT DETAILS. COVERING GREATER LONDON {UK} AND ALL SURROUNDING COUNTIES.

RICOH, CANON, KYOCERA, KONICA, SHARP, HP/SAMSUNG BROTHER, LEXMARK.

https://copierservices.simdif.com

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mga View Post
    Did you fit a new oem drum they not cheap on these machines
    Yes it's brand new from Canon, sealed. Not generic.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    clean the patch sensors on the belt... clean cloth NO IPA
    I searched for an applicable definition of IPA and I'm supposing you mean Isopropyl alcohol.

Ok. would I need to remove the ITB to get to the patch sensors? I'm looking through the Service Manual and it seems so.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

I got an opinion from another tech that since the drum was recently changed, that it is probably that the drum is mis-aligned which would cause that issue. He suggested to open it up and pop out and re-insert the black drum. Then re-run the Auto Correct Color mismatch procedure.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

I searched for an applicable definition of IPA and I'm supposing you mean Isopropyl alcohol.

Ok. would I need to remove the ITB to get to the patch sensors? I'm looking through the Service Manual and it seems so.
    For most MFP the patch or ID sensor assembly, depending on what the manufacturer calls it, should only be cleaned with a soft lint free cotton cloth slightly dampened with water only. Any other type of cloth can cause static that will attract contamination. Any type of solvent of cleaning liquid will either leave a film or cause damage to the sensor.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    For most MFP the patch or ID sensor assembly, depending on what the manufacturer calls it, should only be cleaned with a soft lint free cotton cloth slightly dampened with water only. Any other type of cloth can cause static that will attract contamination. Any type of solvent of cleaning liquid will either leave a film or cause damage to the sensor.
    Roger that.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

One of the users tried the Auto Correct Color Mismatch process again and it worked this time. And they're happy with the colors.

I'm going to let it be for a while and check back with them.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

One of the users tried the Auto Correct Color Mismatch process again and it worked this time. And they're happy with the colors.

If the sensor is dirty it will happen on a daily basis. Get the hell out there and clean the damned sensor before you lose a customer.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Never let the losers(i mean users) to do your job. Never ever!
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.