Thread: E008-0001

E008-0001

I keep getting the error code E008-0001. I've confirmed that the current value is below 80 (it's 53) when checked in service mode (DISPLAY > FIXING > FX-MTR8). In the service manual, at the top of the list, it states that the pressure belt has reached the end of its life and to replace the pressure belt unit. I've seen these units refurbished for $295.00 but the belt alone is considerably cheaper. I've never replaced one of these. Does anyone have a link they could share to a walkthrough or video walkthrough that would help me with this? Is the belt hard to change? Would I be better off just buying the whole unit and putting it in? Any help would be appreciated.....thanks!

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    E008-0001

Re: E008-0001

Quote Originally Posted by Underwood15 View Post
    I keep getting the error code E008-0001. I've confirmed that the current value is below 80 (it's 53) when checked in service mode (DISPLAY > FIXING > FX-MTR8). In the service manual, at the top of the list, it states that the pressure belt has reached the end of its life and to replace the pressure belt unit. I've seen these units refurbished for $295.00 but the belt alone is considerably cheaper. I've never replaced one of these. Does anyone have a link they could share to a walkthrough or video walkthrough that would help me with this? Is the belt hard to change? Would I be better off just buying the whole unit and putting it in? Any help would be appreciated.....thanks!
    what model first of all

are you talking fusing belt or ITB?

check you tube for videos.

The machine is a Canon imagerunner advanced C7055. It's the lower belt for the fixing/fusing unit.
    FM4-5702_Pressure Belt Unit.jpg
    I've checked youtube and there's one that shows how to replace the whole unit ($995.00 refurbished) but no videos on how to just change the belt itself.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    E008-0001

From the Ir210 to the IRC4080 we have not been able as tech to replace these belts. I have not been intimate with this certain machine.