Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Made in Japan drums for GPR 15

Question Made in Japan drums for GPR 15

I hate to ask this. Not many of us like these aft. Mark parts. but I had a 15 drum that was like new and scratched by a low level situation. I remembered there were some " long Life Made in Japan " gpr 15 drum rollers on the shelf that havent been discarded yet. So I tossed one in this drum with only about 10000 on it and gave it shot.

I ran DPC and the quality is great as expected. BUT as expected there is noise. Not blade noise but HVT noise....it seems this time. The last time I tried years ago I thought I was getting blade noise since I also changed the blade. This time - no blade change. I am not sure Ill be successful in finding a runable HVT adjustment. Thought I would ask you all about it before I try the rescue. If it cant work I have no idea who in the world thought this was a legit product to be sold to anyone! Thanks!

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Re: Made in Japan drums for GPR 15

They do make that noise. I have bought the drum kits and rebuild the OEM units and not had the noise

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

You are a funny guy. The reason why I think i can get somewhere with this is from the C5000 Series. Those aft drums make too much HVT noise in the fast models. Runable for me in the two slower ones. I refuse to screw with the HVT on those engines. I have a shop junker to experiment with in this case.

I have some experience with drums and HVT. I hold the world record of over 3 million clicks on a 6800. It included a new drum and customer location HVT adjustment. OOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooo lol .

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by techandtrader View Post
    You are a funny guy. The reason why I think i can get somewhere with this is from the C5000 Series. Those aft drums make too much HVT noise in the fast models. Runable for me in the two slower ones. I refuse to screw with the HVT on those engines. I have a shop junker to experiment with in this case.

I have some experience with drums and HVT. I hold the world record of over 3 million clicks on a 6800. It included a new drum and customer location HVT adjustment. OOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooo lol .
    contact these folks... American Made

Ink jet & laser toner cartridge supplier | Static Control

Retired 10,000+ Posts

I have always found that if you replace a drum and do not replace the cleaning blade you are asking for trouble. The old blade is worn to the old drum. If the noise was a finger nails on chalk board sound, it was definitely the blade.

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    I have always found that if you replace a drum and do not replace the cleaning blade you are asking for trouble. The old blade is worn to the old drum. If the noise was a finger nails on chalk board sound, it was definitely the blade.
    people replace just the drum and not the cleaning blade? ohhhhhhhhhhhh the half assers gotcha ...

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Gentleman... It is a known fact that dealers nationwide are slamming Aft C5000 drums into units without blades...2 times. Plastic Drums Only! Its Like I said, powdered up drum replacement with a blade resulted in worse noise. We will see. It might be the blade. I spent less than 2 minutes running it and voltage might not be possible with this engine. Lazy thought.
    Last edited by techandtrader; 05-11-2021 at 02:41 AM.

Gentleman... It is a known fact that dealers nationwide are slamming Aft C5000 drums into units without blades...2 times. Plastic Drums Only! Its Like I said, powdered up drum replacement with a blade resulted in worse noise. We will see. It might be the blade. I spent less than 2 minutes running it and voltage might not be possible with this engine. Lazy thought.
    Plastic drums? Can it load..erase.. load image and then move to paper?
    I learned you needed a metal sub layer to provide the proper bias.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Phil that's a big stretch from Plastic or steel frame drums but hey we need a good laugh around here. OK so it seems that that GPR 15 drum does have blade noise. That really sucks because the same drums would go into gpr 6 drums without any issues. Using the same blade I could get around 50k out of them. Sometimes a little more. Owell its the weekend!

Phil that's a big stretch from Plastic or steel frame drums but hey we need a good laugh around here. OK so it seems that that GPR 15 drum does have blade noise. That really sucks because the same drums would go into gpr 6 drums without any issues. Using the same blade I could get around 50k out of them. Sometimes a little more. Owell its the weekend!
    Screw the China crap..what have they given us? Dog food that kills pets..a virus that kills millions world wide... hacking of our businesses.. and a shitstorm in our congress.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk