Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: PC-920

  1. #1
    Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    PC-920


    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    South Jersey
    Posts
    2,589
    Rep Power
    91

    PC-920

    Ha-ha. My uncle still has one of these. It never had any problems until now (25 yrs!). If something simple will fix, if not will get him a small machine from wholesaler.

    Been many years since I worked on this model. No print just Black pages. He tried a new toner cart, no change.

    Thanks for help if anyone remembers this model.

  2. #2
    Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    PC-920

    copier tech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    London
    Posts
    5,945
    Rep Power
    136

    Re: PC-920

    Quote Originally Posted by copyman View Post
    Ha-ha. My uncle still has one of these. It never had any problems until now (25 yrs!). If something simple will fix, if not will get him a small machine from wholesaler.

    Been many years since I worked on this model. No print just Black pages. He tried a new toner cart, no change.

    Thanks for help if anyone remembers this model.

    Black copies is usually a failed scan lamp

    Get your uncle to do a copy with the lid up & see if the lamp comes on.


    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

    For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

    www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk




  3. #3
    Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    PC-920

    Phil B.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Posts
    14,117
    Rep Power
    370

    Re: PC-920

    Quote Originally Posted by copyman View Post
    Ha-ha. My uncle still has one of these. It never had any problems until now (25 yrs!). If something simple will fix, if not will get him a small machine from wholesaler.

    Been many years since I worked on this model. No print just Black pages. He tried a new toner cart, no change.

    Thanks for help if anyone remembers this model.
    can you see text under the black?

    classic problem check the contacts for the drum unit like mono HP's sometimes those contacts get pushed in so no contact to drum.

    pry out with a small screwdriver until they contact the drum

  4. #4
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    PC-920


    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Jasper
    Posts
    260
    Rep Power
    19

    Re: PC-920

    im guessing, that after 25 years the drum cleaning blade has failed and this is the cause for the black copies

  5. #5
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    PC-920

    Brian8506's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,389
    Rep Power
    55

    Re: PC-920

    He changed the cartridge. The drum and developing unit are one


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. #6
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    PC-920


    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Jasper
    Posts
    260
    Rep Power
    19

    Re: PC-920

    Quote Originally Posted by Brian8506 View Post
    He changed the cartridge. The drum and developing unit are one


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sho you right... in that case since its most likely a aftermarket rebuild I would check the drum...you know to rule out drum blade failure....

  7. #7
    Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    PC-920


    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    South Jersey
    Posts
    2,589
    Rep Power
    91

    Re: PC-920

    New info: Black pages with old toner cart & new one. Was working fine then went to completely black. Hearing that can rule out drum cleaning blade. I've always been able to see some image with blade flips.

    Turns out exp lamp not coming on (good call copier tech). Lol I haven't worked on an analog copier in so long my old mind didn't even go to exp lamp. Years ago that would of been first thing to come to mind with black copies. How things have changed.

    If I remember correctly that lamp is not available anymore. Think someone on this forum was looking months for one?

    Ha-ha if anyone has one to sell let me know.

    Looks like another canon PC will become a boat anchor......

    Thanks again everyone for the fast help!

  8. #8
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    PC-920

    Brian8506's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,389
    Rep Power
    55

    Re: PC-920

    Quote Originally Posted by copier tech View Post
    Black copies is usually a failed scan lamp

    Get your uncle to do a copy with the lid up & see if the lamp comes on.


    Forgot all about those analog days


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. #9
    Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    PC-920

    copier tech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    London
    Posts
    5,945
    Rep Power
    136

    Re: PC-920

    Quote Originally Posted by copyman View Post
    New info: Black pages with old toner cart & new one. Was working fine then went to completely black. Hearing that can rule out drum cleaning blade. I've always been able to see some image with blade flips.

    Turns out exp lamp not coming on (good call copier tech). Lol I haven't worked on an analog copier in so long my old mind didn't even go to exp lamp. Years ago that would of been first thing to come to mind with black copies. How things have changed.

    If I remember correctly that lamp is not available anymore. Think someone on this forum was looking months for one?

    Ha-ha if anyone has one to sell let me know.

    Looks like another canon PC will become a boat anchor......

    Thanks again everyone for the fast help!

    No worries, I sold tons of these back in the day when working from home was not the norm.

    It might be worth taking out the lamp & cleaning/checking the contacts, after all this time they may have have simply become oxidised


    Here's the parts catalogue you may find one somewhere on the world wide web!

    https://mega.nz/file/lc0EUZRS#_Blz8E...lffn2uvuKmJ1ck
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

    For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

    www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk




  10. #10
    Technician
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Location
    Belgrade
    Posts
    31
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: PC-920


Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Get the Android App
click or scan for the Copytechnet Mobile App

-= -= -= -= -=


IDrive Remote Backup

Lunarpages Internet Solutions

Advertise on Copytechnet

Your Link Here