Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    IRA C256i & IRA C256i 3rd generation

    copier tech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    London
    Posts
    5,950
    Rep Power
    137

    IRA C256i & IRA C256i 3rd generation

    Hi all,

    Quick question what are the differences between these models please?



    Last edited by copier tech; 05-11-2021 at 09:28 PM.
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

    For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

    www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk




  2. #2
    Engineer senior 100+ Posts giogi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    113
    Rep Power
    18

    Re: IRA C256i & IRA C256i 3rd generation

    Different type of connectors.

    Some electrical boards PCB different.

    On the touch screen there is the Timeline column on the right.

    Some strandard functions:
    - Web Browser
    - Encrypted Secure Print
    - Secure Watermark
    - Encrypted PDF+Device signature PDF

    SIEM / SYSLOG

    SECURE BOOT during the start up

    McAfee Embedded Control

    Different System Software (I & III edition)

    With the introduction of the 3 edition models, the service modes for changing the thresholds of the level of toner level.
    Previously, the service modes COPIER>OPTION>FNC-SW->T-DLV-X and COPIER>OPTION>DSPLY-SW->T-DLV-X were used to change the toner level.
    COPIER>OPTION>DSPLY-SW->T-LW-X) on a percentage that indicated that when the XX % of remaining quantity of toner, now with these new machines we go from a percentage to a number of days.
    Last edited by giogi; 05-12-2021 at 01:13 PM.
    "Knowledge is a source, but unfortunately ignorance is a sea."

  3. #3
    Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    IRA C256i & IRA C256i 3rd generation

    copier tech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    London
    Posts
    5,950
    Rep Power
    137

    Re: IRA C256i & IRA C256i 3rd generation

    Quote Originally Posted by giogi View Post
    Different type of connectors.

    Some electrical boards PCB different.

    On the touch screen there is the Timeline column on the right.

    Some strandard functions:
    - Web Browser
    - Encrypted Secure Print
    - Secure Watermark
    - Encrypted PDF+Device signature PDF

    SIEM / SYSLOG

    SECURE BOOT during the start up

    McAfee Embedded Control

    Different System Software (I & III edition)

    With the introduction of the 3 edition models, the service modes for changing the thresholds of the level of toner level.
    Previously, the service modes COPIER>OPTION>FNC-SW->T-DLV-X and COPIER>OPTION>DSPLY-SW->T-DLV-X were used to change the toner level.
    COPIER>OPTION>DSPLY-SW->T-LW-X) on a percentage that indicated that when the XX % of remaining quantity of toner, now with these new machines we go from a percentage to a number of days.
    Thank you for this info much appreciated.

    I have a few C256i with failing ITB units after replacing them I tried to update the firmware as per the bulletin however I couldn't get this to load so was wondering of i'm trying to load the wrong type. On the counter print it does not say if the machine is a gen 3 etc it just shows the model as a C256i.

    Measure against lines caused by ITB.pdf
    Last edited by copier tech; 4 Weeks Ago at 07:57 AM.
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

    For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

    www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk




  4. #4
    Engineer senior 100+ Posts giogi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    113
    Rep Power
    18

    Re: IRA C256i & IRA C256i 3rd generation

    For the III edition on the front door near the model is printed a symbol "III".
    the system of 256 is different from the system of 256 III ed.
    "Knowledge is a source, but unfortunately ignorance is a sea."

  5. #5
    CopyTech,MIKE 100+ Posts copytech,mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Silver Spring MD
    Posts
    128
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: IRA C256i & IRA C256i 3rd generation

    Quote Originally Posted by copier tech View Post
    Thank you for this info much appreciated.

    I have a few C256i with failing ITB units after replacing them I tried to update the firmware as per the bulletin however I couldn't get this to load so was wondering of i'm trying to load the wrong type. On the counter print it does not say if the machine is a gen 3 etc it just shows the model as a C256i.

    Measure against lines caused by ITB.pdf
    Transfer belts dont hold up very well on these desktop models. Its an expensive machine to maintain. Better charge about .04 cents per copy and .10 for color. Lost my ass selling this model a few times. Ive also seen the main board blow out after a few years. Its a junk model.

  6. #6
    teacher-guide-expert-guru 2,500+ Posts
    IRA C256i & IRA C256i 3rd generation

    zoraldinho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    SVN
    Posts
    4,783
    Rep Power
    97

    Re: IRA C256i & IRA C256i 3rd generation

    Update via CDS.You can't miss.
    On this model i change itb many times in a short timeAlso main controller is not ok.
    Practice makes perfect
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it
    A picture is worth a thousand words
    If you want something done right, you have to do it yourself


  7. #7
    CopyTech,MIKE 100+ Posts copytech,mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Silver Spring MD
    Posts
    128
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: IRA C256i & IRA C256i 3rd generation

    Quote Originally Posted by zoraldinho View Post
    Update via CDS.You can't miss.
    On this model i change itb many times in a short timeAlso main controller is not ok.
    Its a terrible model. You would like the Konica Minolta c3350 alot better! 3rd Generation is alot of bullshit. Its the same darm machine. All they did was make a few changes to firmware. Its the same old C256if piece of junk.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Get the Android App
click or scan for the Copytechnet Mobile App

-= -= -= -= -=


IDrive Remote Backup

Lunarpages Internet Solutions

Advertise on Copytechnet

Your Link Here