Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    CopyTech,MIKE 100+ Posts copytech,mike's Avatar

Canon C3530 Black/Grey band.

IMG_20210521_0001_NEW.jpg Hey guy's, it seems like the transfer belt unit on this model has a faily short lifespan. I changed out the drum at 75k and still getting that black band you see. Changed the transfer cleaner unit (its only 35 bucks). Still have the band. It got lighter with the new cleaner unit and quickly darkened again. Looks like the belt is shot. Ive been working on copiers for 20 years and they can still fool me sometimes. I work for myself and im barely making it trust me. I was just trying to get everybody thinking. You have a C3530 with only 75k and it ran out of toner and i replaced it with Genuine black ofcourse and then i see a dark line. Customer told me the dark line just started shortly before she ran out of black toner. My first instinct was to replace the black drum (it looked only slightly worn. Still got the grey band. Even when i tried a blank sheet of paper on the glass and ran a blk/wht only copy i got a blank copy but with a grey band. I just didnt think i had a bad transfer belt/or cleaner unit at 75k. Im going back next week with an entire new transfer belt assembly for 299.00. I hope it fix's it. Also, just a heads up. Copier needs to be on and not in sleep mode in order to pull out the transfer belt unit. Service manual mentions it. Also, my blk dev unit looks to be just fine. Thanks Guy's. -Mike G.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Re: Canon C3530 Black/Grey band.

What about the Fuser unit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Brian8506 View Post
    What about the Fuser unit

Hi Brian, the fuser looks good. Pray for me!

Check the entry guide plate to the Fuser. I recently had a similar problem and there was crusted toner on the entry guide plate.

Check the entry guide plate to the Fuser. I recently had a similar problem and there was crusted toner on the entry guide plate.

I didnt think of that. Thanks Brian.

I think I’m looking at the wrong black band. I’m looking at what you circled not the black band. Did the drum resolve the thick black band.

I think I’m looking at the wrong black band. I’m looking at what you circled not the black band. Did the drum resolve the thick black band.

No Brian it didnt. The mark you see in that circle is a scratch on the transfer belt. Notice how it shows up as black. Strange isnt it? The transfer belt has a band on it that seems to line up with my band on the copy but i didnt think it would show up as a black band. Its usually a white or void area. Any ideas Brian?

I guess trying the belt is worth a shot but it looks charge related to me. I don’t see that machine much and those drums last a long time. How are internal prints? I had an old b/w last week that gave a 2 inch black band only on copies. I was going to replace the CIS but the customer unplugged it for a day and it’s been fine ever since.

I guess trying the belt is worth a shot but it looks charge related to me. I don’t see that machine much and those drums last a long time. How are internal prints? I had an old b/w last week that gave a 2 inch black band only on copies. I was going to replace the CIS but the customer unplugged it for a day and it’s been fine ever since.

I agree Brian. The old drum looked fine. New drum and i get the same thing. Yes it also does it on a test print. Im stumped. LED lamp that shines light on drum (pre exposure)? Not sure how it even works. Bulb is in back of machine and shines into a plastic tube thats glued onto the drum unit. Drum not seated right? Im stumped Brian. I even blocked off the Laser beam for black (you should get a blank copy) and i get a blank copy but with the black band. Im about to lose my customer. Its the only C3530 ive sold. I hate this model.

I think if it was erase lamps that the edges of the band would be more defined. If the belt cleans off I wouldn’t think that is the problem but you may have to try it. I’ll check to see if there’s anything posted on the tech site. Tomorrow