Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    CopyTech,MIKE 100+ Posts copytech,mike's Avatar

Re: ADV 4225 blank screen when on and error e0355-004

Quote Originally Posted by Syarif98 View Post
    Ok i will try swapping the control panel and re seating the connector see how it goes. And i will put back the original board this time. My manager are responsible for our tech job but not the owner of the company which are the dealer. I'm also dealership technician which mean I'm just step below certified technician canon employ, so the responsibility fall to me. I always contacting canon technician whos in charge on my area and he also can't pinpoint exactly where the problem are regarding this machine problem. Updating the firmware doesn't work too.
    Just do the best you can. This is a very hard problem because you dont have a frozen screen you have a blackout screen. Boot up is required to light up the screen. Try unplug it from wall for 20 minutes then fire it up. Its a long shot but maybe your DC controller board is stuck or bad. You wont need chips or firmware. Try another used DC controller. Its a long shot. I will ask around if i can. Counter Memory, Serial Number and Main Controller PCBs work as a set and are considered the “Soft Counter Circuit”. The Counter Memory PCB is electronically stamped with the serial number from the Serial Number PCB. Neither the Counter Memory PCB nor the Serial Number PCB can be swapped to other equipment.
    The Counter Memory PCB keeps track of the total count, which cannot be erased or changed. The service counters are retained by the Main Controller. These counters can be reset manually through service mode. When the Counter Memory PCB must be replaced, after installing the new one, the new Counter Memory PCB learns the Total Count from the Main Controller. This is retained in SRAM on the Main Controller PCB and held active by means of an on board battery.

hello and good morning. i have problem at the machine adv 4225 persist for nearly 2 month now. this problem have bugged me and i really need to solve this problem. the problem are when on the machine only give black screen as below. no machine running sound. i have doing so much troubleshooting step i can think of like changing the hard disk. re attach the wire connecting main con board and hardisk. still black screen.

Secondly i try troubleshoot with substitute machine. the step i do are swapping the main con board. 2nd main con board. tpm pcb and flash pcb. when i swap the main con board the screen produce image but show error e0355-004. which in service mode show contact the sales companies. i think this is breakthrough but not. i have try clear the error in clr error and clear the error e0355 in in service mode 3 but error still show. swapping 2nd main con board, tpm and flash pcb produce the same result.

this time i try swapping memory pcb but bad thing happen. machine cant revert back to black screen problem originally when reconnect the original board together, produce error e0355. what bad are substitute machine which is no problem at all, reconnect back all of it original board and gives error e0355 at screen! this cost me dearly as to reset back the tpm, flash, counter and memory board at 3rd party company.

so the memory, counter, tpm and flash pcb just come and i'm back at square one. the machine produce black screen and i intend to not swapping the board like before. so if any of you guys have any ideas, i really appreciated any input to solve my problem so i can repair this machine once and for all.

my senior and manager told me that i need to follow the route, screen produces error e0355-004 because screen have produce the image, if this the case then i need to know how to clear the e0355-004 error so that machine can be use normally again

picture as below
    canon adv 4225 back screen problem error e0355 004 - Album on Imgur
    E355 -
    Cause

Mismatch of serial numbers of three items: Serial Number PCB, Main Controller/ Image Processor PCB (SRAM) and Counter Memory PCB.

Description
    At power-on, a mismatch of serial numbers among the Serial Number PCB, Main Controller / Image processor PCB and Counter
    Memory PCB was identified (“Prohibited Action”).

Action
    1. Put back all original PCBs into the equipment! (Depends on original cause of failure)
    2. Do not utilize a used Counter Memory PCB or Serial Number PCB from any other equipment. (If previously used, select
    optional counters 2 through 6 (displayed in “Counter Check”) in service mode:OPTION/USER/COUNTER 2 TO 6
    )
    If original problem was E245 or E247, Soft Counters reset to Zero.
    3. Ensure connector J1023 is connected.
    After “Prohibited Action” has been corrected, perform “E355 CLR”. (FUNCTION>CLEAR>E355-CLR) then cycle power off and on.
    (For “70” series and later see Note #4. For imageRUNNER 1023/ 1023N/1023iF/ 2016/ 2020/ 2016i/2020i see step # 10 under
    “Servicing”).
    All others, Counters are retained.

Serial Number PCB is a matched board with the Counter Memory PCB and cannot be swapped with any other equipment.
    On newer models from Canon (as of this writing, all “70” series and iR3530 series), to clear an E355
    or E354 code, you must enter Service Mode Level 3 (see Notes #3 and #4). DO NOT ADJUST ANYTHING ELSE IN THE SERVICE MODE LEVEL! Doing so will have an adverse affect on the machine

have done that, change main con pcb with substitute one and use machine original tpm and flash pcb and produce same error e0355 004
    It is rejecting your substitute board. Serial number mismatch. Its not gonna work.

Technician

Ok i will install refurbished hard disk and see how it goes
    Changing the hard disk didn't work

Technician

Changing the hard disk didn't work
    Quote Originally Posted by copytech,mike View Post
    The boards and flash memory would be the last thing i would try. You dont want to go there. Sounds like it's not booting up. Try re-seating any and all connectors. Try to call Canon Tech Hotline if your boss is a Canon dealer. In the meantime i will try to look into it for you. Please dont waste anymore time and money replacing these boards on these Canon's. Canon uses serial number matching on the print controller boards. If i was you, i would put back all the old boards. I also dont think a firmware update will fix anything. Maybe its a bad control panel. Swap it out with a used one.
    Swaping the control panel with substitute one also didn't work

Technician

Ok. Dont waste alot of money. A bad HDD usually gives you a E602 code. I just know the copier boots up from the HDD. The Print controller board is mostly where your NIC card is built into and then the secondary card is for image processing. I had a C7270 that Had a dead NIC Card and i tried a used Board using the old ram chip and the ram chip that came on the new used board and nither worked. I had to revert back to the old board and old chip and the copier booted back up but i still had a dead NIC card. I couldnt get it to print from network. It would only make a copy from the glass. I called a buddy at a big Canon dealer and he told me they had tech support guys from Canon headquarters come out and they couldnt even get it to work. Its almost like you cant even install new boards.
    You're talking about can't print by network right? Can't print through network, so nic card make sense. So far i didnt meet the problem related to nic area. Print controller board? And you say there's are secondary card at print controller board that have image processing? I might look into that later. And i think sdram are interchangeable no?

Technician

You might be able to find a used HDD on Ebay that already has the firmware loaded on it. Keep me posted because i ran into this once or twice and i ended up losing the customer. I wish you good luck. If i hear of any new info from my Canon buddy i will let you know. PS: Start with trying to get rid of that error code and then go from there.
    Thanks for Goodluck, i have changed the hardisk and it still didn't work. I busy till late afternoon just now so i only have 2 hour to do the troubleshooting. And so far no luck on changing hdd and control panel.

Technician

It is rejecting your substitute board. Serial number mismatch. Its not gonna work.
    Are serial pcb same as main con pcb?

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    wow where is Copiertech.Mike ? he's the self proclaimed Canon expert!
    I thought i was supposed to be banned by now?

have done that, change main con pcb with substitute one and use machine original tpm and flash pcb and produce same error e0355 004
    Its a dead machine. Your never going to fix it. It has the black screen of death.