Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Technician

ADV 4225 blank screen when on and error e0355-004

hello and good morning. i have problem at the machine adv 4225 persist for nearly 2 month now. this problem have bugged me and i really need to solve this problem. the problem are when on the machine only give black screen as below. no machine running sound. i have doing so much troubleshooting step i can think of like changing the hard disk. re attach the wire connecting main con board and hardisk. still black screen.

Secondly i try troubleshoot with substitute machine. the step i do are swapping the main con board. 2nd main con board. tpm pcb and flash pcb. when i swap the main con board the screen produce image but show error e0355-004. which in service mode show contact the sales companies. i think this is breakthrough but not. i have try clear the error in clr error and clear the error e0355 in in service mode 3 but error still show. swapping 2nd main con board, tpm and flash pcb produce the same result.

this time i try swapping memory pcb but bad thing happen. machine cant revert back to black screen problem originally when reconnect the original board together, produce error e0355. what bad are substitute machine which is no problem at all, reconnect back all of it original board and gives error e0355 at screen! this cost me dearly as to reset back the tpm, flash, counter and memory board at 3rd party company.

so the memory, counter, tpm and flash pcb just come and i'm back at square one. the machine produce black screen and i intend to not swapping the board like before. so if any of you guys have any ideas, i really appreciated any input to solve my problem so i can repair this machine once and for all.

my senior and manager told me that i need to follow the route, screen produces error e0355-004 because screen have produce the image, if this the case then i need to know how to clear the e0355-004 error so that machine can be use normally again

picture as below
    canon adv 4225 back screen problem error e0355 004 - Album on Imgur
    Last edited by Syarif98; 05-24-2021 at 03:44 PM. Reason: spelling

Technician

Re: ADV 4225 blank screen when on and error e0355-004

Quote Originally Posted by Syarif98 View Post
    hello and good morning. i have problem at the machine adv 4225 persist for nearly 2 month now. this problem have bugged me and i really need to solve this problem. the problem are when on the machine only give black screen as below. no machine running sound. i have doing so much troubleshooting step i can think of like changing the hard disk. re attach the wire connecting main con board and hardisk. still black screen.

Secondly i try troubleshoot with substitute machine. the step i do are swapping the main con board. 2nd main con board. tpm pcb and flash pcb. when i swap the main con board the screen produce image but show error e0355-004. which in service mode show contact the sales companies. i think this is breakthrough but not. i have try clear the error in clr error and clear the error e0355 in in service mode 3 but error still show. swapping 2nd main con board, tpm and flash pcb produce the same result.

this time i try swapping memory pcb but bad thing happen. machine cant revert back to black screen problem originally when reconnect the original board together, produce error e0355. what bad are substitute machine which is no problem at all, reconnect back all of it original board and gives error e0355 at screen! this cost me dearly as to reset back the tpm, flash, counter and memory board at 3rd party company.

so the memory, counter, tpm and flash pcb just come and i'm back at square one. the machine produce black screen and i intend to not swapping the board like before. so if any of you guys have any ideas, i really appreciated any input to solve my problem so i can repair this machine once and for all.

my senior and manager told me that i need to follow the route, screen produces error e0355-004 because screen have produce the image, if this the case then i need to know how to clear the e0355-004 error so that machine can be use normally again

picture as below
    Change main controller pcb with old tpm&flash pc 531

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

wow where is Copiertech.Mike ? he's the self proclaimed Canon expert!

CopyTech,MIKE 100+ Posts copytech,mike's Avatar

this time i try swapping memory pcb but bad thing happen. machine cant revert back to black screen problem originally when reconnect the original board together, produce error e0355. what bad are substitute machine which is no problem at all, reconnect back all of it original board and gives error e0355 at screen! this cost me dearly as to reset back the tpm, flash, counter and memory board at 3rd party company. You can also call me at 301-890-8800 and i will try to help you. -Mike.

picture as below
    The boards and flash memory would be the last thing i would try. You dont want to go there. Sounds like it's not booting up. Try re-seating any and all connectors. Try to call Canon Tech Hotline if your boss is a Canon dealer. In the meantime i will try to look into it for you. Please dont waste anymore time and money replacing these boards on these Canon's. Canon uses serial number matching on the print controller boards. If i was you, i would put back all the old boards. I also dont think a firmware update will fix anything. Maybe its a bad control panel. Swap it out with a used one.

Quote Originally Posted by copytech,mike View Post
    I refuse to help this guy.
    what? I thought you were here to help all newbies? hahahaha yup your a fraud.. just like I said before.

I refuse to help you. And yes, your damn right im still the best. I dont care about your reputation score. It is meaningless.
    1) I don't want/need your help
    2) I never said your the best... in fact I know I called you a fraud several times.

you tie and jacket don't make you a tech...

Please close your mouth. You are of no help to any tech's on here. Attachment 49245
    hahaha yeah right cat poop

I asked you to please close your mouth.
    tell you what wimp come to Angier NC and try to close my mouth... you are nothing but a keyboard warrior... we piss on guys like you down here

WIMP!!!

Yeah that was the wrong person. I was acually speaking to you. Ive already tried to help him. Now get off of copytech.net.
    so again you quoted the wrong person... damn you are a dumb bunny... hop on outta here WIMP

you're acting like NanNan that has sooo much hate in your heart you make yourself look like a complete imbecile

CopyTech,MIKE 100+ Posts copytech,mike's Avatar

picture as below
    I had one of these that had a frozen screen and no error code but the customer moved before i was able to make it back. I was going to try a new control panel from another spare machine. I would try putting the old boards back in with the old flash rom chips. Those Printcontroller boards are serial number matched and somtimes neither the new ROM or the old ROM will work. Anytime your replacing main controller boards on these Canon's you almost might as well try to sell the customer a used replacment machine. You can get them farily cheap. Try re-seating all your connectors. Again, its the black screen of death. Its possible the HDD is toast. Canon copiers use the HDD in order to boot up.