Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Technician

Every so often Replacement of Fuser Film For Canon IR 2545 and IR 2530

Tried these two models - IR 2530 and IR 2545. Have noticed right after the original fuser film have worn out and replaced them with compatible ones, their life span shortened greatly in comparison with the original. I need to clean and replace their grease weekly to get them working acceptably again. I am registering 5000 to 8000 copies on them as I service them again. Any good greases around or fix to lessen maintenance work. Thank you in advance.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

Re: Every so often Replacement of Fuser Film For Canon IR 2545 and IR 2530

Is your labor worth so little that you'll take that fuser apart 10 times, to make the sleeve last a normal yield? I consider this a false economy.

Here's a good example: Let's say that you can buy genuine feed rollers for $30 each that last 300K images, or you can get aftermarket feed rollers for $10 each that last 60K images. In your mind, you've saved $60 at the first tire change. At the second tire change you've saved $30 overall. At the third tire change you've broken even on the parts cost, but you''re only up to 180K. At the fourth tire change you've lost $30 overall. And by the fifth tire change you've lost $60 overall, and FINALLY reached 300K images.

Now lets think about the labor. Conservatively lets assign $30 labor for each tire change. OEM rollers will cost you a total of $30.00 labor. Aftermarket rollers will cost you $150.00 labor. So cumulatively, parts & labor, you've got $120 for 300K with genuine rollers, or $300 for 300K images with aftermarket rollers.

If it was up to you, to get those 300K images would you spend $120 and one visit, or $300 and five visits? =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    Is your labor worth so little that you'll take that fuser apart 10 times, to make the sleeve last a normal yield? I consider this a false economy.

Here's a good example: Let's say that you can buy genuine feed rollers for $30 each that last 300K images, or you can get aftermarket feed rollers for $10 each that last 60K images. In your mind, you've saved $60 at the first tire change. At the second tire change you've saved $30 overall. At the third tire change you've broken even on the parts cost, but you''re only up to 180K. At the fourth tire change you've lost $30 overall. And by the fifth tire change you've lost $60 overall, and FINALLY reached 300K images.

Now lets think about the labor. Conservatively lets assign $30 labor for each tire change. OEM rollers will cost you a total of $30.00 labor. Aftermarket rollers will cost you $150.00 labor. So cumulatively, parts & labor, you've got $120 for 300K with genuine rollers, or $300 for 300K images with aftermarket rollers.

If it was up to you, to get those 300K images would you spend $120 and one visit, or $300 and five visits? =^..^=

+ 1000% on everything he said.

I'll add this also: All of these unnecessary service calls is making you look bad in the eyes of the customer. The less of us that they see, the better they like us.

blackcat,

Your PM box is full.

we had tried compatible films.. they never worked... we bit the bullet and used OEM.

same with turd party toners/drums

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post

I completely agree on the math and practicality of your suggestion but the scarcity of parts is involved here. There are not much suppliers in our part of the city and the 30$ here is 4x the cost plus I do not know if it is even the real deal. The tires and the other part I do not have problems ( there are several work around on them) but the Fuser Film part - pain in the neck. =)
    Last edited by sittingpretty; 05-31-2021 at 03:55 PM.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    we had tried compatible films.. they never worked... we bit the bullet and used OEM.

same with turd party toners/drums
    exactly the same dilemma

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by BillyCarpenter View Post
    + 1000% on everything he said.

I'll add this also: All of these unnecessary service calls is making you look bad in the eyes of the customer. The less of us that they see, the better they like us.
    I could not agree more.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BillyCarpenter View Post
    blackcat,

Your PM box is full.
    I made some space.
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Copier Technician 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sittingpretty View Post
    Tried these two models - IR 2530 and IR 2545. Have noticed right after the original fuser film have worn out and replaced them with compatible ones, their life span shortened greatly in comparison with the original. I need to clean and replace their grease weekly to get them working acceptably again. I am registering 5000 to 8000 copies on them as I service them again. Any good greases around or fix to lessen maintenance work. Thank you in advance.
    Stop using compatible will be the answer they are rubbish no matter what companies tell you there are just as good. Time is money do the job correctly 1st time with oem
    Regards Mark

FOR TRADE AND END USER SERVICE CALLS PLEASE VISIT WEB SITE FOR CONTACT DETAILS. COVERING GREATER LONDON {UK} AND ALL SURROUNDING COUNTIES.

RICOH, CANON, KYOCERA, KONICA, SHARP, HP/SAMSUNG BROTHER, LEXMARK.

https://copierservices.simdif.com