Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: c2220i jam

c2220i jam

I have 5 canon c2220i machines with the same problem. customers who have a3 paper in the second drawer, the machine randomly and from time to time, even selecting the 1st drawer that has a4 paper, it pulls the a3 and jams. with a4 or selecting a3 to print, any of this 5 machines donīt jam any sheet. pick-upīs are in very good shape. I updated firmware to the latest version 65.01, I deactivated automatic paper switching and even so on all these machines the error persists. already tried with the 3 drivers (ufr, pcl and postscript)
    does anyone have an idea of what it might be?

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    c2220i jam

Re: c2220i jam

Quote Originally Posted by pLatik View Post
    I have 5 canon c2220i machines with the same problem. customers who have a3 paper in the second drawer, the machine randomly and from time to time, even selecting the 1st drawer that has a4 paper, it pulls the a3 and jams. with a4 or selecting a3 to print, any of this 5 machines donīt jam any sheet. pick-upīs are in very good shape. I updated firmware to the latest version 65.01, I deactivated automatic paper switching and even so on all these machines the error persists. already tried with the 3 drivers (ufr, pcl and postscript)
    look at the print properties for the files they are printing, more than likely the file doesn't have the same trap designated for A3 that the machine does.

are you a trained tech?

can't tell by your profile... in fact really can't tell anything from your sparse profile info.

Yes, i'm a trained Canon tech. The prints i made is in a4. I have a printer in the Shop and myself test some prints and this issue happen randomly when prints are made in a4 size. Even if I choose the 1st drawer, the print pick up the a3 in the second drawer. All the 5 printers have this issue

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Print or copy?
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Quote Originally Posted by tsbservice View Post
    Print or copy?
    Print, only

buenas noches amigos yo tengo el mismo problema con 3 maquinas que alimenta de la segunda bandeja y da error ya le he cambiado los kit de alimentación de papel de las dos bandejas y la tarjeta principal y hacen lo mismo

Technician

Try looking at pickup unit area. And clean the pickup unit. You need to open up the cover and take the whole unit to clean it. I have a customer whose have dirty pickup unit tray 1. Because of it cant use tray 1. And falsely detecting paper. There are sensor stick at there. So i clean it and can use tray 1 again. Besides that try this trick. Pull a3 tray and only a4 tray inserted. This way when your customers print machine will feed only a4 tray. When customers want to print a3, pull a4 tray and insert a3 tray. Another is put only a3 paper in tray 1&2, then printing a4 only on bypass area. Set paper setting and paper output in printer properties at printer & scanner as a3 to a3. And chose bypass for only a4, still needed the set paper settings too. Let the customer run the macine in this configuration a week or so. If a3 still jam after specifically set the setting then the machine might have another problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Syarif98 View Post
    Try looking at pickup unit area. And clean the pickup unit. You need to open up the cover and take the whole unit to clean it. I have a customer whose have dirty pickup unit tray 1. Because of it cant use tray 1. And falsely detecting paper. There are sensor stick at there. So i clean it and can use tray 1 again. Besides that try this trick. Pull a3 tray and only a4 tray inserted. This way when your customers print machine will feed only a4 tray. When customers want to print a3, pull a4 tray and insert a3 tray. Another is put only a3 paper in tray 1&2, then printing a4 only on bypass area. Set paper setting and paper output in printer properties at printer & scanner as a3 to a3. And chose bypass for only a4, still needed the set paper settings too. Let the customer run the macine in this configuration a week or so. If a3 still jam after specifically set the setting then the machine might have another problem.

Drawer 2 has no problem. if a4 sheets are inserted, or even a3 print is ordered, the machine prints correctly. what is happening is that if I send a4 prints, even though I specify that I want it to be printed in drawer 1, the machines will randomly fetch paper from drawer 2 which is loaded with a3 sheets and jams. as I said, I have already tried to remove the automatic paper changeover (in case of lack of paper in the 1 drawer, it will not get paper from the other paper drawer) and even so, from time to time it will get the a3 paper from the second drawer. I installed the same printer driver (pcl, ufr2 and postscript), not the generic one and the problem continues to persist. what customers have been doing is keeping drawer 2 open and when they want to print in a3 they close it, but they don't want to continue with this solution, because it forces them to get up every time they need to print in a3. I'm out of ideas, because it seems to me that the problem is not mechanical, since I have 5 machines with the same problem in all those using the a3 and as my colleague Marlo says he also has the same problem in 3 machines and still nothing has been detected. I've been reading all service bulletins for this model and none of them mention this problem.

Field Engineer 100+ Posts fchu5959's Avatar

Drawer 2 has no problem. if a4 sheets are inserted, or even a3 print is ordered, the machine prints correctly. what is happening is that if I send a4 prints, even though I specify that I want it to be printed in drawer 1, the machines will randomly fetch paper from drawer 2 which is loaded with a3 sheets and jams. as I said, I have already tried to remove the automatic paper changeover (in case of lack of paper in the 1 drawer, it will not get paper from the other paper drawer) and even so, from time to time it will get the a3 paper from the second drawer. I installed the same printer driver (pcl, ufr2 and postscript), not the generic one and the problem continues to persist. what customers have been doing is keeping drawer 2 open and when they want to print in a3 they close it, but they don't want to continue with this solution, because it forces them to get up every time they need to print in a3. I'm out of ideas, because it seems to me that the problem is not mechanical, since I have 5 machines with the same problem in all those using the a3 and as my colleague Marlo says he also has the same problem in 3 machines and still nothing has been detected. I've been reading all service bulletins for this model and none of them mention this problem.
    On these machines,the upper paper pick up assembly for drawer 1 is quite different from the lower pick up assy for drawer 2.For this issue,remove the lower pick up assy and check for sticky solenoid SL5;This issue usually happens with machine of 4-5 years old working in a non air-conditioned environment.

Quote Originally Posted by fchu5959 View Post
    On these machines,the upper paper pick up assembly for drawer 1 is quite different from the lower pick up assy for drawer 2.For this issue,remove the lower pick up assy and check for sticky solenoid SL5;This issue usually happens with machine of 4-5 years old working in a non air-conditioned environment.
    I Will trie your suggestion. I remove the pick up assy, from the second drawer and post results later. I was convict that the problem are from software, but now i m going to the hardware side. Thanks