Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    IRA- C5250 Black dots all colors

I have one these copiers that is putting black dots or spots on the copies. Each individual color has the save problem, they are there whether internal print or copy. The spots do move, which lets me know that they are on a moving part. I get the same pattern on black as on single color copies. Fuser looks great, can't be the drums because as stated, it same pattern is there regardless of which drum is used. I pulled the ITB unit and didn't see any problem. Going to take a look at the ITB drive roller. Any ideas on this one will certainly be appreciated.

Technical/IT Support 500+ Posts Venom's Avatar

Re: IRA- C5250 Black dots all colors

You may have to scrub toner blob off black mag roller
    IBM, Mita, Konica Minolta, Ricoh, Kyocera, HyPAS, Canon, Oce, Samsung, HP, TEO IP PBX/Unified Communications, Comptia Network+ Comptia PDI+ Certifications

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

A picture will help a lot , but as you have explained it could and issue with the black assembly , swap the black drum with any other color and if the color of the dot changes then its a drum issue.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

I ran a single magenta, cyan and yellow copy and get the same dot image. I would think in these cases the only drum or DV unit being used is that particular color. I swapped the fuser to no avail and can see no problem with the transfer belt unit, no visible signs of dots or areas not being cleaned. poor image is only on the rear side of copies 11 X 8 1/2. I will try and scan some copies of what it looks like. Shows up on test pattern 10 and 6

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

file:///var/mobile/Library/SMS/Attachments/65/05/8DC34C5A-430D-4818-B041-B70DB98F3EE4/64668065495__7BB6E54E-07A1-4D23-9AFC-9BE1DA8FCA9E.HEIC

not sure if this picture will come up

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Even if you print only 1 color , all the drum turn , get charged , discharged and if there is any damaged spot it will pick up toner and appear on the prints. Just check the black drum and update me with the results

Sent from my SM-G610F using Tapatalk

black drum unit will be your issue. probably the cleaning foam roller disintergrating on the drum unit. take it out and have a look

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

I had this going on with the three colors. It was back side about 1/2 inch thick of small toner specs. I cleaned the drums really good and finally transferred them to a different machine. Either I was finally able to clean it or the recalibration stopped it in that machine. Use your Loupe to make sure.
    Found the problem again and it was the PCR were crap and caused damage to the charge roller. I was not able to clean the charge roller to a point where they would stop the intermittent specs so the roller was changed. Problem solved and good thing because the drum was in like new condition.

Copier Technician 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by copycart View Post
    I have one these copiers that is putting black dots or spots on the copies. Each individual color has the save problem, they are there whether internal print or copy. The spots do move, which lets me know that they are on a moving part. I get the same pattern on black as on single color copies. Fuser looks great, can't be the drums because as stated, it same pattern is there regardless of which drum is used. I pulled the ITB unit and didn't see any problem. Going to take a look at the ITB drive roller. Any ideas on this one will certainly be appreciated.
    Have you samples what's the drum lifes
    Regards Mark

FOR TRADE AND END USER SERVICE CALLS PLEASE VISIT WEB SITE FOR CONTACT DETAILS. COVERING GREATER LONDON {UK} AND ALL SURROUNDING COUNTIES.

RICOH, CANON, KYOCERA, KONICA, SHARP, HP/SAMSUNG BROTHER, LEXMARK.

https://copierservices.simdif.com

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Thanks Guys, The black Drum unit was the problem