Technician

C9070 - Transfering Developer Units and Drums from another unit.

Hi guys,
    we have a dead C7055, which recently got new drums and developers, - so we would like to transfer them to our C9070 Pro. -
    I already made that before (usually the other way round - from C9070 to C7055, but this should not make any difference) and after moving the parts, I always initialised them as I would do with a new drums / developers. It also always worked, however I am unsure how it affected the rest life of those components.

Is (re-)initialising the right way? I mean - I know this is not the best idea in the first place to move used parts, but when you really want to do it - what is the best solution to still get the most from them? Or should I just transfer them and leave it as is? Also, should I disable the spin control before as I would do when installing new parts?

Thanks
    Michael

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: C9070 - Transfering Developer Units and Drums from another unit.

Hello my Friend , basically they are the same machine so dont worry you can swap normally .

If they are almost new i would suggest you to intialize the drums only.

If they are well used i prefer not .

But mainly this machine is controlled through sensors and it will automatically adjust the values in the service mode when you calibrate the printer.

In both cases the printer will work properly without any problem.

Sent from my SM-G610F using Tapatalk

Technician

Thank you very much,
    so if I understand correctly,

Quote Originally Posted by Hishamawada View Post
    If they are almost new i would suggest you to intialize the drums only.
    If they are well used i prefer not .
    I should never re-initialize developers, correct? (so I also dont need to switch the spin control off as the manual suggests when installing new parts?) And also don't really need to initialize drums? I think they are used to ca. 20% in this case, so 80% life left, - would you initialise under this circumstance or rather leave it as it is and let the maschine do all the work?

Quote Originally Posted by Hishamawada View Post
    But mainly this machine is controlled through sensors and it will automatically adjust the values in the service mode when you calibrate the printer.
    Which calibration in the service mode you mean? I thought initialisation is the only thing you do in service mode. Or do you mean the gradation setting which one have to do after installing new parts?

Thanks!

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

its not that if you intialize the developer will give you a problem , but i dont find any need for it. In C6010 series , intializing a used starter will cause trouble , thats why i try to avoid

drums 20% are like new , i suggest to intialize it .

What do you mean by spin control ? do you mean AINR-OFF ? if thats it yes turn it off

I just mean the auto gradation .

Sent from my SM-G610F using Tapatalk