Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    IRA C256i E302-001 Error

IRA C256i E302-001 Error

Has anyone come across this error before?

The DF will copy fine but if running a copy or scan on the glass it will error every time.

Power off/on & the error will clear & will print ok but will again error if a copy is run from the glass.

I replaced the CCD ribbon cable & updated the SSW but didn't help.

• Code: E302-001
    • Description:Error in paper front white shading
    • Causes:An error in the shading value was detected at white shading.
    • Remedy:[Related parts] R1.00 - Harness between the Scanner Unit (front) and the Main Controller PCB (UN81) - Scanner Unit (front) - Main Controller PCB (UN81) [Remedy] Check/replace the related parts. After performing the remedy, check that the copy image is output normally.
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts 20 year tech's Avatar

Re: IRA C256i E302-001 Error

Had a problem with a second side reader in the ADF in an advance C3565 last week, different sub code but changing the cable fixed mine, have read that the scanner home position sensor can cause this with the reader under the glass. I also found this on the web site, worth a shot if you haven't done these adjustments yet. good luck and keep us posted.

Product : imageRUNNER ADVANCE 525 / 615 / 715 Series

Title : E302-0001 error code

Problem :
    An error code of E302-0001 appeared two ways. One way it would happen would be off the platen glass while trying COPIER>FUNCTION CCD>DF-WLVL1, and the other way of seeing the error code would be by using the feeder and sending a fax. This particular issue occurred on a relatively new machine.
    Service Manual Error Code E302-0001 definition:
    Error in paper front white shading
    Remedy (related parts)
    -Harness scanner unit (front) and Main Controller
    -Scanner Unit Front
    -Main Controller PCB
    [Remedy]replace related parts. After performing the remedy, check that the output image is output properly.

Solution :

This solution to this error code did not involve replacing any parts. The machine did not need any parts but an adjustment was needed.The solution involved performing the adjustments necessary while replacing the CIS (contact image sensor). These adjustments can be found in the Service Manual>Chapter 5> Actions At Parts Replacement>After Replacing Scanner Unit Front. They include the following and done in this order from the Service Manual:
    COPIER>FUNCTION>INSTALL>RDSH-POS
    COPIER>FUNCTION>CCD>CL-AGC
    COPIER>FUNCTION>CCD>STRD-POS
    COPIER>FUNCTION> CCD>DF-WLVL1
    COPIER>FUNCTION>CCD>DF-WLVL2
    COPIER>FUNCTION>CCD>MTF-CLC
    Once these adjustments are made they all should end with showing, OK. In this case they all ended in OK, and the machine was tested. The error code did not appear again. The issue was resolved and no parts were needed.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    IRA C256i E302-001 Error

Quote Originally Posted by 20 year tech View Post
    Had a problem with a second side reader in the ADF in an advance C3565 last week, different sub code but changing the cable fixed mine, have read that the scanner home position sensor can cause this with the reader under the glass. I also found this on the web site, worth a shot if you haven't done these adjustments yet. good luck and keep us posted.

Product : imageRUNNER ADVANCE 525 / 615 / 715 Series

Title : E302-0001 error code

Problem :
    An error code of E302-0001 appeared two ways. One way it would happen would be off the platen glass while trying COPIER>FUNCTION CCD>DF-WLVL1, and the other way of seeing the error code would be by using the feeder and sending a fax. This particular issue occurred on a relatively new machine.
    Service Manual Error Code E302-0001 definition:
    Error in paper front white shading
    Remedy (related parts)
    -Harness scanner unit (front) and Main Controller
    -Scanner Unit Front
    -Main Controller PCB
    [Remedy]replace related parts. After performing the remedy, check that the output image is output properly.

Solution :

This solution to this error code did not involve replacing any parts. The machine did not need any parts but an adjustment was needed.The solution involved performing the adjustments necessary while replacing the CIS (contact image sensor). These adjustments can be found in the Service Manual>Chapter 5> Actions At Parts Replacement>After Replacing Scanner Unit Front. They include the following and done in this order from the Service Manual:
    COPIER>FUNCTION>INSTALL>RDSH-POS
    COPIER>FUNCTION>CCD>CL-AGC
    COPIER>FUNCTION>CCD>STRD-POS
    COPIER>FUNCTION> CCD>DF-WLVL1
    COPIER>FUNCTION>CCD>DF-WLVL2
    COPIER>FUNCTION>CCD>MTF-CLC
    Once these adjustments are made they all should end with showing, OK. In this case they all ended in OK, and the machine was tested. The error code did not appear again. The issue was resolved and no parts were needed.
    I just tried these settings & it seemed to have done the trick!

Ran dozens of copies & scans, restarted the machine a few times then ran gradation adjust didn't error once.

Thanks for the info.
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts 20 year tech's Avatar

Glad I could help